Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Deluxe Brainstorm come to OZ?

Default Will Deluxe Brainstorm come to OZ?

Over on TFW they report that Deluxe TR Brainstorm will be a Walgreens exclusive (A chemist with TOYS ) so where do you speculate it will show up here? If it does that is

Walgreens is more like a convenience store that is half chemist, which makes them very popular in America... and they have toy sections that are proportionate in size to the size of the store (the bigger the Walgreens, the bigger the range of toys), but most often have the sort of cheap novelty stuff you'd find in our bigger convenience stores here (which is why I rarely found Transformers at them, but one in Las Vegas I did, at hefty convenience store pricing - still cheaper than our prices though ).

I will ask the next time I'm talking to Hasbro (I don't know when that will be though).

my bet it'll be local online sellers who would end up getting them, else it can only be TRU which would be the logical choice since they get pretty much most of those small special releases

I'm not fussed about Brainstorm as I'm happy enough w/ my Generations Voyager figure. But I hope that the rest of them come out here.

*sigh* Just when I was looking forward to switching back to brick and mortar retail shopping...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'm not fussed about Brainstorm as I'm happy enough w/ my Generations Voyager figure. But I hope that the rest of them come out here.

*sigh* Just when I was looking forward to switching back to brick and mortar retail shopping...

Voyager Brainstorm will dwarf them

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxius._ View Post

certainly fits his ego then.

(But yes, he even dwarfs most of my voyager class figures too)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxius._ View Post

Yeah, he's a jet. He should be bloody bigger than the others! Although Highbrow should be a Voyager too - about the size of Generations Whirl would be good.

Besides, if you're gonna start worrying about toy scale, then I've got two words for you...
    Cos here's how Fort Max scales in the comics, and here's how the toy scales. Also, my generation grew up with toys like G1 Blaster who scaled to other Transformers toys like this. He's not so grossly out of scale that it makes it awkward or impractical for the toy to interact with others, which is the problem we had with some Beast Machines toys.

He means the size of the toys to each other.
    The Gen-14 toy is a tall Voyager, while these Gen-16 TR Deluxes are a lot shorter and all about the same height, so the Voyager Brainstorm would dwarf the other Headmaster, who should be all the same size as toys (both now and in 1987).

If they use the SDCC Brainstorm don't expect it to be the same scale as the 2014 release.

The Brainstorm in the SDCC 3 set is much smaller than the Generations version from 2014.

The colour of the SDCC one is also a much nicer pale blue as opposed to the more teal colour of the Generations figure.

Despite being small the SDCC Brainstorm is a really lovely figure in my opinion so one would hope that also translates into any potential individual releases.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    He means the size of the toys to each other.
    The Gen-14 toy is a tall Voyager, while these Gen-16 TR Deluxes are a lot shorter and all about the same height, so the Voyager Brainstorm would dwarf the other Headmaster, who should be all the same size as toys (both now and in 1987).
    By this logic Bumblebee should never be any larger than a Legends size figure.