Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Every TF you own.... just gone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Move on to MLP
    Only if they do Masterpiece

I have life insurance because I would of drowned in the flood or died in a house fire saving my collection

On a serious note I have mine insured and if something were to happen probably 10 years from now I'd probably wouldn't continue collecting.

My collection isn't insured properly, which I should do but considering its size I cant really estimate its value so I live in fear of fire

If it all went, I think I would be too heartbroken to start again after 30 years of effort going up in smoke

I remember having to evacuate my home as a precaution due to a bush fire nearby.

Packed my dog and the computer. Ashamed to say my Transformer collection was left behind

I'd replace a few favourites, but there's no way I could/would replace everything. It'd take far too much time, money, and energy.

I've gone through this sort of thing once in my life already (more info on that HERE) so not sure I could handle it again, especially thinking about everything and how many good memories are attached to the bots I have now.
    Honestly I couldn't say that I wouldn't just give it all up unless I could easily replace it all, and even then it just wouldn't be the same as those new bots wouldn't have the same memories attached to them, if anything they might end up being a reminder of what was lost

Man I can't even think about starting again under any circumstances. Get a totally new hobby considering if the TF's went I would assume my Joes, Lego, Battle Beasts and Smurfs went with them

Lost them all?

With my comics, I'd buy the IDW classic collections of Marvel and some of the IDW runs (MTMTE). Generally easy to find still but wouldn't replace single issues.

With my toys, I would buy a couple of replacements, probably try to get some MPs (like MP10 Prime, Prowl, Sideswipe) and some of my favourites from other lines, and I would likely continue to buy new ones the same way I currently do.

I've been culling my collection over the past few years and one of the thoughts I've tried to apply is "would I replace this?" but it's generally easier though to keep things you already have. If they were all gone there's more I wouldn't replace - like most of TF:Prime toys for example if I think about it.

I don't know that I would. I'd probably try to rebuild a little based on what I can easily get locally, but at this point even if there was an insurance payout I'd spend it on Gunpla.

Since my collection is all over the place, I would be more selective if I start over.