Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Every TF you own.... just gone!!!

I really don't know what I'd do.
    My collection isn't properly insured as by the time it got to a size that I realised was worth insuring it was well past a point of being able to catalogue without going insane.

I would only get a fraction of what it's worth.

I don't think I'd stop collecting but I certainly wouldn't be able to afford to replace everything I have now. either time wise or money wise

I'd be devastated but I'd still buy more transformers, I'd probably replace key figures from various lines. I don't think I could actually stop...
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

My collection isn't insured. Neither is it large.

If I were to lose it through 'misadventure' I would hunt down and require the core cast of TFPrime, the only part of my collection I consider essential.

A bigger concern might be the equal number of posable vinyls, Play Arts Kai and Figma that would be harder to replace.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

With what insurance money was left over from replacing the esstentials (clothes, electronics, mountain bikes, Macross Valks, etc), I would quickly replace a few key TFs (G1 Predaking, Bruticus, Snapdragon and Hun-Grrr; BW Primal; Classics Jetfire; and maybe a few others).
    Other than that, it would be a start-over and opportunity to maybe hunt down some figures I may not have considered in the past.

Horrible concept tho... but it did make me consider which figures I consider "essential."
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

I wouldn't start over and I don't know how anyone could because the single most precious thing about our toys would have to be the emotional/sentimental value attached to them. Our toys are our lifetime heirlooms, e.g. G1 toys being our childhood heirlooms.

As most of you know, I had my original G1 Optimus Prime stolen several years ago. I've since had it replaced when another original G1 Optimus Prime was most generously given to me. And as eternally grateful as I am for this act of kindness, the new G1 Optimus Prime and my reissue G1 Optimus Primes can never replace what was lost - that piece of my childhood. Because even though my G1 Optimus Prime is an original from the 80s - not a reissue - and my reissues are legitimately licensed toys, none of them are the Optimus Prime that I grew up playing with. This can never be replaced.

Let's look at some more recent figures that I've got and the sentimental value that I've already attached to them. A week ago I got LG Nightbird Shadow (among other TFs) at the Osaka Meet. Just yesterday I got TR Blaster at a Sydney fan meet with Bladestorm. Two international fan meets in the span of just a week - how often does that happen? But these toys are souvenirs from these moments. The TFs that I got from my most recent Japan trip aren't just a souvenirs from the trip, but also from the first overseas school trip that I've done, so that's a major kilometrestone in my life.

Many toys contain precious memories. This is why if I ever do decide to off-load a toy, it'll be a toy that doesn't contain a precious memory, and even then I try to sell or even give away toys to fellow collectors to ensure that the toy remains loved with its new owner. I am reluctant to sell or give toys away toy people who wouldn't appreciate them. e.g. There's a Generations Scourge in my sales thread, but I actually have 2 Generations Scourges. The one that's not for sale is one that I bought when I was travelling overseas with my family and attended my brother's wedding. I would never part with that toy. The one that's for sale was a peg-warming Scourge that I found at a local Kmart which I got to fill as a "Sweep." That's the one that's for sale. Physically both toys are identical, but the one that I'm keeping is the one that holds great sentimental value for me.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    As most of you know, I had my original G1 Optimus Prime stolen several years ago.
    You might have to retell that story to refresh our memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    You might have to retell that story to refresh our memories.
    That is why I deliberately started my post with "As most of you know..." i.e. feel free to skip that paragraph if you've heard it before. And I've lost count as to how many times this topic has cropped up.

P.S.: The stuff in the 3rd paragraph was new, I've never told that before unless you've travelled to us from the future. So... what's the world like under President Trump?