Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eBay "THANKS20" promotion (note - invite only)

Default eBay "THANKS20" promotion (note - invite only)

NOTE - this is an invite-only promotion, to people who made a purchase during a particular time. The discount code is not available to everyone.
    Topic title has been edited accordingly.
    -------------------------

Get a $20 discount with $100 minimum spend. Up to ten items allowed in a single transaction. Use code "THANKS20".

Ends 18th January 2017.

Terms & conditions

By using or attempting to use the redemption code you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions.

This offer commences at 10.00 (AEDT) on 4 January 2017 and ends at 23.59 (AEDT) on 18 January 2017 (“Offer Period”).

The offer entitles you to $20 off the total purchase price when you spend more than $100 in one transaction during the Offer Period.

The offer is subject to a minimum spend of $100 (item cost only, postage not included).

Limit of 1 transaction per person. Multiple items can be purchased in one transaction (up to a maximum of 10 items per transaction).

The redemption code requires payment with an Australian PayPal account in order to take effect.

To redeem this offer during the Offer Period, enter the redemption code THANKS20 into the redemption code box during the checkout process. You must be an eBay.com.au registered member.

Your eBay.com.au and Australian PayPal accounts must be active at the time of redemption (not suspended nor made inactive by eBay or PayPal) and be registered under the same email address.

eBay reserves the right to disallow or reverse a discount in circumstances where it believes a sale or purchase of any item as part of this sale has not been made in good faith. This includes any collusive conduct by buyers or sellers or any other conduct which eBay considers unfair or untoward.
    Gift cards/certificates/vouchers are excluded from the use of the redemption code.

Not to be used in conjunction with any other eBay or PayPal coupon/voucher.
    Sellers are responsible for their own stock and eBay does not guarantee the availability of stock.

In the event you return or seek a refund on any item purchased using the redemption code, the value of the redemption code will not be refunded to you.

The offer cannot be withdrawn into your bank account.

To the extent permitted by law, eBay will not be responsible for any loss incurred by you in redeeming or attempting to use the redemption code or for any costs, damages, accident, delay, injury, loss, expense, or inconvenience that may arise in connection with the use of the redemption code.

eBay reserves the right to vary the terms and conditions of the offer at its reasonable discretion by publishing revised terms on ebay.com.au.

The parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the state of New South Wales.
    Last edited by griffin; 8th January 2017 at 09:06 PM. Reason: added details

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    Get a $20 discount with $100 minimum spend. Up to ten items allowed in a single transaction. Use code "THANKS20".

Ends 18th January 2017.
    Tried and didn't work. Mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Weird, just bought four items this afternoon with it.

Wish this had started (and I had known about it) a few days earlier. Made a pricey purchase a few days before this that I would have liked making cheaper
    That said it did come in handy today

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Just used it today and it worked fine for me

Appears to be a targeted campaign. Saw something about it working IF you purchased something in a particular time frame last year.

I believe you need to have made a purchase in November or December last year.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    I believe you need to have made a purchase in November or December last year.
    Correct, this is a invited event for those who purchased items in previous months.

Limit of 1 transaction per person. Multiple items can be purchased in one transaction (up to a maximum of 10 items per transaction).

Does that mean if I use THANKS20 on some item now, I can't use it again next day for a new item I want to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Polursine View Post

Does that mean if I use THANKS20 on some item now, I can't use it again next day for a new item I want to buy?
    Essentially you have a one use coupon for $20 off a $100 purchase. Whether it be 1 item that is $100, or 10 items added to cart that total $100+ and purchased in the one transaction.

Yes you won't be able to use the code multiple times so choose wisely!

One thing that the T&C's fail to mention is that all the items have to be the same currency for the special code to be used. In other words, if you have multiple items in your cart, half USD & half AUD, it will separate the lot and you wont be able to use it. Grrrrrrrr
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot