View Poll Results: When will you be planning to first see the TF5 movie at the theatres?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • - Midnight first screening

3 9.68%
  • - First day

6 19.35%
  • - First week

5 16.13%
  • - Within a couple of weeks

3 9.68%
  • - Sometime before it ends its run

3 9.68%
  • - Not planning to see it in theatres

11 35.48%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When will you be planning to first see the TF5 movie at the theatres?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post

Why are you, or anybody else that dislikes Bay's movies watching it then?
    It perplexes me when I see people openly express their dislike for Bay's movies, only to waste their time and/or money by sitting there for 2.5 hours & watching it. I think there's a bit more to it than "happy to be proven wrong".
    Because I've been a sucker for Transformers since I was a kid.

1986: "What's this? Wheelie? Looks like rubbish. Eh, I'll buy it." (note: I saw the toy months before the movie came out, so I had no attachment to the character at the time of purchase)
    1988: "Firecons? They look stupid! Okay, I'll buy 'em. Not gonna get these Pretenders though. They look really dumb."
    (on my birthday) "Oh hey, a Pretender! So weird. Okay, I'll get more."

1990: "Transformers that don't transform? You've got to be kidding me. There's no way I'd ever-- oh, look, Jazz has a motorised skateboard like the Ninja Turtles! Cowa-bunga!"
    1991: "Man, Classic Sideswipe is so sweet. I really-- what's this? Action Master Sideswipe? Puh-lease! Why would I... oh, okay then."
    1992: "These toys don't even have names. Lemme get my wallet."
    1993: "Did you notice how those Transformers Generation 2 look a lot like Generation 1? Hahahahahahaha!" ←(actual words in a conversation with classmates during morning roll call class - we laughed our butts off until the teacher told us to shut up) <after.school> Hhhmmm... <takes.out.wallet>
    1998: "Fuzors? Who the hell asked for Transformers Wuzzles?!" <takes.out.wallet>
    1999: "Gah... these Transmetal 2s look terrible. Has anyone sighted them in stores? Animorphs?! That's just stupid. Oh look, Ax/Scorpion's on sale..."

2000: "You know these Beast Machines toys have really bad beast modes when the packaging needs to tell you what the animals are." <takes.out.wallet>
    2003: "These Mini-Cons are cool, but the larger toys make my shoulders hurt." <takes.out.wallet>

2004: "Buy all the repaints!"
    2005: "Star Wars Transformers? Talk about oil and water." <takes.out.wallet>

2008: "I can't believe they gave Transformers a Cartoon Network aesthetic. Looks too simplified and cartoony, not like the Japanese anime mecha style that we're used to." <collects.Animated>

2009: "Combiner Class Devastator has got to be one of the most overpriced pieces of crap that they've ever made for Transformers. I'm perfectly happy with my Legends set that can individually transform and combine, thanks. Oh look, Big W has Combiner Class Devvy on sale... Nom! Nom! Nom!"

2011: "Man, Revenge of the Fallen was so bad, but there was a writer's strike. Dark of the Moon will surely be better!"
    2014: "The last two sequels were terrible, and I'm sure this one will be too. Just as well I have free tickets."
    2015: These RiD toys look mediocre at best. <gets.initial.toys.for.free - collects.the.rest.on.discount>
    2017: "Bay's track record indicates that The Last Knight is gonna be rubbish. Just as well I have free ticket vouchers."

probably within a couple weeks assuming we can wrangle the twins into a screening without people kiling us. there is supposedly a sound proofed baby room at reading cinema in rhodes.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Unless I hear some major positive feedback about the new film I'm not planning to see it in the cinema at all, unless I get roped into it.

But bleah this time I don't want to give Bay my money, I don't even want to get a free ticket or sneak in, or even help give the appearance that the movie is popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post

Why are you, or anybody else that dislikes Bay's movies watching it then?
    It perplexes me when I see people openly express their dislike for Bay's movies, only to waste their time and/or money by sitting there for 2.5 hours & watching it. I think there's a bit more to it than "happy to be proven wrong".
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Because I've been a sucker for Transformers since I was a kid.

2017: "Bay's track record indicates that The Last Knight is gonna be rubbish. Just as well I have free ticket vouchers."

Gotta agree with Sinnertwin here, I think if you are really against Bay's vision of Transformers you have to do the complete boycott of the theatrical run. Even if you aren't directly handing your money over, even by using your free tickets on the film over a more competently directed piece of cinema you are endorsing Bays Transformers and making it appear more popular. There are heaps of films out this year with great potential to watch, why waste your time on Transformers if you know it's going to be terrible, unless you just want to get in jaded Comic Book Guy quips?

So yeah my plan is to avoid it at the cinema at all costs, give both my time and money to something more deserving. it's going to take some willpower but here's hoping. They fooled me already with Turtles 2, and that wasn't even Bay directing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    So yeah my plan is to avoid it at the cinema at all costs.
    I will see it 3 times (like every other TF movie) so I will help 'make up the numbers' for Bay.

TBH my home theatre is most likely where I'll see it first

IMHO, Number 1 and 3 are good movies, while 2 and 4 are turds. Following that pattern 5 should be good, but I haven't seen anything much in the trailers that interests me so far...nothing particularly wrong with it but nothing exciting either...

I'm waiting for Blu-ray because A: I hate the local cinema, B: At this point I really hate all of Michael Bay's work and will only watch TLK at all because it's Transformers.

As much as I'd love to see it on the day it's out, I'll mostly likely see it a few days after the initial release. Either way, its a great way for me to end the school semester.

"Autobots, roll out!"
    "We rollin'"

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Gotta agree with Sinnertwin here, I think if you are really against Bay's vision of Transformers you have to do the complete boycott of the theatrical run.
    I never said I was "against Bay's vision of Transformers."
    I hope for the best but am expecting the worst. Because I walked into the first three films with higher expectations - the first film was quite enjoyable but RotF and DotM were disappointing. I want - so desperately - to see Bay produce a TF film that's good, but based on past experience I dare not get my hopes up because it's more frustrating if the film turns out to be bad.

It's basically like a defensive mechanism. That way if the story is rubbish, then it's what I expected. But if the movie is good, then I'll be elated. It's easier to watch a bad film when I brace myself for it to suck. I recently watched the Warcraft movie - this was only made possible because I had really low expectations. Because if not for this, my inner voice of Disgust would be constantly and loudly nitpicking the film really, really loudly. When I lower my expectations then my Joy voice just tells Disgust to shush now.

I'll probably see it in the first week or two, as I'm sure someone here will want me to see it with them.
    I still like the idea of a Midnight screening (if there is one), particularly because it will be the most reactive/responsive crowd (being the more dedicate fans) to any of the in-jokes or easter eggs, but I'm just not sure if I will be enthusiastic enough to go through the whole process or extra effort, just to see "a movie".