View Poll Results: With 7 weeks to go, what do you expect of the TF5 Movie?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • It looks like it will definitely be the best one yet

2 4.88%
  • Looking like it could be one of the better ones so far

9 21.95%
  • So far looks about average for the Live Action Movies

17 41.46%
  • Looking like it could be one of the worst ones so far

2 4.88%
  • Definitely looks like it will be the worst of the five

0 0%
  • Don't know - avoiding all contact to prevent spoilers

1 2.44%
  • Don't care - haven't been following the news on this one

10 24.39%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: With 7 weeks to go, what do you expect of the TF5 Movie?

I'm still a bit in two minds about this one so far.
    It has potential, with Hopkins, historical flashback scenes, and the return of Lennox... but past experience has shown that Bay has a one-track vision for each scene so that they aren't easily stitched together into a movie... spoiling consistency or coherency, especially in the characters, both robot and human (big names like Malkovic, and returning characters like Epps).
    I guess we just have to wait and see if the "writers room" of mapping out the future of Transformers, makes any difference on the individual movie, and the short-sighted "scene by scene" vision of Michael Bay.

Bayhem!
    Explosions
    Slow running from explosions
    Late afternoon shots
    Cheap deaths
    Some dubious humour
    Ample product placement
    Great action sequences
    Pacing issues
    Awesome sound
    Contradictions just like this below..

I am aware what i will be viewing. Still excited for it.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Don't care either way. I'll still go and watch it and enjoy the experience
    I'll enjoy reading all of the bitching and moaning about it afterwards too. I may even roll my eyes a few times to boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    yeah this sums up my answer perfectly
    +2
    Though I reckon I'll get sick of the bitching pretty quick

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Hahaha... this needed to be a poll selection. Cause I agree
    I think Griffin needs to add it - there are a lot of us

Quote Originally Posted by Smint View Post
    I've been bitching and rolling my eyes since 2007.
    Yes, we know you have

Mate, a lot of people have been whinging since 1987, which was the year that we also started seeing a decline in G1 (as evidenced by the cancellation of the US G1 cartoon series). But I remember that was the year when I first started seeing people quit Transformers and offloading their collections. Which was good for people like me who could pick up G1 figures for cheap. Mmm... $5 loose complete in box Gnaw and Soundwave... - and in following years a lot of people just gave toys away for free. Mmm... free loose complete in box Sixshot... Too bad the G1 Acquisition Thread (or the internet) didn't exist at the time I was pickin' these figures up.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Mate, a lot of people have been whinging since 1987 ,p
    I thought bitching for a decade was bad but if people have been bitching for 30 years they need a new damn hobby

Sooo...are we allowed to say what we didn't like about the movie? Or is it only worthy of praise and glory?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Sooo...are we allowed to say what we didn't like about the movie? Or is it only worthy of praise and glory?
    There will be opportunity to dissect it at length after it comes out... should be fun to watch!

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

There is no other hobby - there is ONLY Transformers! Transformers izzz llllliiiiiifffee!

Ralph: I think people can say whatever they want. I think that the key thing to being a good reviewer all lies in how your present or justify your opinion, although there is greater onus if your opinion sways against the general consensus.
    e.g. a person may come along and say that IDW's G1 is complete and utter garbage - that's perfectly fine, but as the majority of fans think that it's really good and you are presenting a view that flies against the consensus, then you are obligated to defend that view.

But there's no such thing as a right or wrong opinion, unless that opinion is based on inaccurate facts
    e.g.
    "I think that The Empire Strikes Back is the best Star Wars movie." - most people agree with this so you can quickly state this without needing to go into detail to explain yourself.
    "I think that The Empire Strikes Back is the worst Star Wars movie." - okay, you're entitled to that opinion, but as many people would disagree with you you'd better be prepared to back yourself up.
    "I think that watching the Empire Strikes Back causes autism." - this is just plain wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    How the hell should I know? It hasn't come out yet

BTW: I'm not saying people can't complain about TF movies from years ago - I already conceded defeat in that regard and admitted I seem to be in the minority

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    There is no other hobby - there is ONLY Transformers! Transformers izzz llllliiiiiifffee!

Ralph: I think people can say whatever they want. I think that the key thing to being a good reviewer all lies in how your present or justify your opinion, although there is greater onus if your opinion sways against the general consensus.
    e.g. a person may come along and say that IDW's G1 is complete and utter garbage - that's perfectly fine, but as the majority of fans think that it's really good and you are presenting a view that flies against the consensus, then you are obligated to defend that view.

But there's no such thing as a right or wrong opinion, unless that opinion is based on inaccurate facts
    e.g.
    "I think that The Empire Strikes Back is the best Star Wars movie." - most people agree with this so you can quickly state this without needing to go into detail to explain yourself.
    "I think that The Empire Strikes Back is the worst Star Wars movie." - okay, you're entitled to that opinion, but as many people would disagree with you you'd better be prepared to back yourself up.
    "I think that watching the Empire Strikes Back causes autism." - this is just plain wrong.
    Well said

I'm not expecting much. Especially after the last one.
    But of course I'll still go see it, coz... Transformers.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.