Thread: Australian POTP product pages on Hasbro website

Default Australian POTP product pages on Hasbro website

The official Transformers page on the Hasbro website has recently been updated with some character bios and artwork, and it has been filtered into various country pages, including the Australian page here.
    Even though most of the 14 bios and art posted so far are for wave 1 toys, one is a wave 2 toy (Sludge) and one is a wave 3 toy (Optimus Primal). (art and bios mirrored here, when it eventually disappears from the Hasbro site)

The Australian product page has also included the first wave of POTP toys, with Australian RRP (emphasis on "Recommended", as Australian retailers only have to worry about competitor prices... legally they can not be forced or pressured into prices that are recommended by suppliers).

As such, the approximate expected prices in Australia for POTP toys in Australia, are...
    Prime Masters - $10
    Legends - $20
    Deluxe - $35
    Voyager - $50
    Leader - (not listed yet)

This compares to American RRP of US$25 for Voyager, US$17 for Deluxe, US$10 for Legends, and US$5 for Prime Masters. (Leaders not listed yet)
    So basically, their prices are half of ours, while the exchange rate is at about 75-80 us cents, which allows for fans here to import from America for less than full retail here.... especially if there aren't any sales on at the time, or they don't show up at the cheaper retailers like Kmart and BigW.

On the Australian "where to buy" page, they include Harvey Norman... which means that they must have been selling something Transformers related - maybe the Remote Controlled Sqweeks, or DVDs, because they aren't a regular toy retailer.

A big increase on the deluxes, it's a shame. Perhaps some retailers will put them at the usual $30.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Leaders at Toyworld are $94.99 so that could be close.

Most Toy worlds:
    Prime Masters - $9.95
    Legends - $19.95
    Deluxe - $35 ( some stores 38-39.95!)
    Voyager - $50 ( some 59!)
    Leader - 90

Sighted Kmart prices:

Prime Masters - $9
    Legends - $19
    Deluxe - $29
    Voyager - $49
    Leader -

Hopefully the other big retailers follow, and then hope for the usual 20% off toy sale.

I have my hands on a Voyager, Leader and legend as I got caught up in the hype and prices are the same, but I will wait on the deluxe.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    So basically, their prices are half of ours, while the exchange rate is at about 75-80 us cents
    Disgusting. These kinds of practices (as well as the ever increasing prices) are why people refuse to buy locally.
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    which allows for fans here to import from America for less than full retail here
    Confirmed, I just had a look at BBTS for the deluxes and this is my cart:

Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Wave 1 Set of 4 (Standard Grade)
    Qty: 1 Subtotal: $69.99 Shipping: $24.00 Tax: $0.00 Total: $93.99

That's price posted to my home address in Sydney and US$93.99 at current exchange rates it works out to AU$116.10 (or AU$29 each deluxe) POSTED, not to mention case fresh.
    If I shopped around online could likely get cheaper then that, so what reason do we have to support locally again?

May be it aint too late to order from Japan

Harvey Norman may be due to their Big Buy stores? Those stocked Combiner Wars and Titans Return toys.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I don't want to advertise anyone, but I am glad I pre ordered. I had left a couple for the fun of the hunt but after seeing these prices I went and ordered the rest that I was interested in.
    I am glad I am only interested in the girls, remaining Dinobots, and a few Legends from the remaining waves.