Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: International Sightings

Quote Originally Posted by fatbot View Post
    G2 Superion has been found at Chinese retail 550 rmb ($au121)

I know (hope) it's different plastic, but I would find it hard to pick up that Slingshot with out worrying it would fall apart in my hands.

The numbers on the planes are replicating the numbers that were on the original Gen2 Aerialbots, but the back of this Superion box has assigned the toys numbers in this set (like on the cardbacks & boxes of the other combiner toys) that could have matched the numbers on the toys but don't... like, Silverbolt is at the top of the list and numbered 1, but has 5 on the toy.
    Considering that the individually released toys have the core figure (like Silverbolt) numbered as 3 on the back of the packaging, why couldn't they re-number them on this box to match the numbers on the toys, just for fun and uniformity.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The numbers on the planes are replicating the numbers that were on the original Gen2 Aerialbots, but the back of this Superion box has assigned the toys numbers in this set (like on the cardbacks & boxes of the other combiner toys) that could have matched the numbers on the toys but don't... like, Silverbolt is at the top of the list and numbered 1, but has 5 on the toy.
    Considering that the individually released toys have the core figure (like Silverbolt) numbered as 3 on the back of the packaging, why couldn't they re-number them on this box to match the numbers on the toys, just for fun and uniformity.
    Almost certainly because of lack of communication between departments. The toy designers must not have (been able to?) let the packaging designers know what they were up to.

A Nestle Cereal company here in Hong Kong have released some toys in their cereal boxes from the RID 2015 show which seems to be ramping up some momentum here. 3 to collection - Bumblebee, Optimus and Grimlock.

We got Grimlock in the cereal packet we brought today.

Apparently if you shine a torch from above their eyes glow.

My son is chuffed with it to add to his Grimlock collection. I want Optimus, purely for the gimmick so I'll let the kids continue buying the cereal until we get him.

Toys in cereal boxes... that's so 80s. I love it.

I don't think western countries have toys in cereal boxes anymore, due to safety and lawsuits over choking hazards... even if the toy isn't inside the bag with the actual cereal. (I guess kids are too busy watching cartoons at breakfast to see what they are spooning into their mouth)

The lawsuit-happy parents killed off all the fun for the kiddies.

It took me a while to find it, but this is the promotion in Chinese... and it looks like a prize draw is running this month as well.

This youtube video demonstrates the light-up feature, from the same promotion in Malaysia in March.

You should post up some photos as news on TFW, as these things would tickle the fancy of collectors who obsess over super deformed bots... and you can include the two links I found as well if you want.

I don't think western countries have toys in cereal boxes anymore, due to safety and lawsuits over choking hazards... even if the toy isn't inside the bag with the actual cereal. (I guess kids are too busy watching cartoons at breakfast to see what they are spooning into their mouth)

The lawsuit-happy parents killed off all the fun for the kiddies.
    Haha, not watching cartoons. That's so 80's. More like playing on their phones and tweeting about how their parents are mistreating them and feeding them cereal and not cooking breakfast for them.

If you want any spares we get from the boxes (which I'm sure we will) let me know Griffin.

Will post on TFW coz you said to... can't have them another 10 days behind now can we.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    If you want any spares we get from the boxes (which I'm sure we will) let me know Griffin.
    Nah that's okay.

Only post about it if you think it is worth it. I just figured that with them posting up things like happy meal toys, those cereal figures might get some attention... and a chance for you to show off something the Americans don't have.

(some of them actually think America is the centre of the universe... when the *Japanese* Masterpiece Shockwave was eventually revealed to have the Japanese original name of Laserwave on the display tag, there was someone on that site having a go at people for not calling it Shockwave, because to him as an American on an American fansite, Laserwave was a "foreign" name... and then other people agreed with him )

Just incase anyone is interested Hasbro really must have overstocked SDCC Devastator. He's now reduced to clear at HK Toys R Us for HK$1299 (AU$238) and some of the smaller local stores in HK have him for HK$999 (AU$183)!!

Not often you see an "exclusive" go cheaper than the regular version (which is still around the $1299 mark itself and decidedly harder to find here).