Page 16 of 117 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212636 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Toy Rumours (must note a source)

I don't know if its ever been officially stated as to whether Jazz has been held up with licensing issues?

I know at the least an MP Jazz needs to be designed from scratch. An MPM Jazz could be based on the Human Alliance Jazz which was a quality figure. If the MPM range is anything to go by, they don't seem to be major overhauls.

I don't think they ever made an official statement or quote about it. Just various speculation and fan theories about the situation based on one quote from somewhere or other , that kind of thing. I think lol

I don't know how much of an issue Martini would be. They have done many reissues of G1 Jazz over the years with "Meister" branding which still uses the Martini colours. Still we should keep in mind that G1 Jazz is unlicensed by Porsche.

Williams get away with having Martini as a sponsor in Muslim nations, France and video games by changing the colours of from white, orange and blue to white, blue and light blue so that would probably be the biggest issue if there had to be a change.

It frustrates me as a fan of Porsche that they are so behind the times with their licencing. The various other Volkswagen brands are up with the times. Lamborghini will licence practically anything. Bugatti loves the attention they get from licencing out their stuff. Bentley would still be seen as a brand for old people if it wasn't their licencing and Audi even let an R8 get cut in two by Bay in ROTF.

Porsche's marketing team was even stupid enough to paint the #92 Porsche 911 RSR in a Rothmans livery for this years Le Mans 24 hours. By the end of the race people were pretty outraged at the blatant tobacco advertising and the commentators had dance around the Rothmans livery.

It pains me to say it but Porsche are just stupid.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    The racing livery could potentially be fixed via unofficial 3rd party stickers couldn't it? Do they already exist for any other G1 Jazz figures?
    And make the MP Jazz plain?
    If it's animation accurate though, why would the figure need any sponsor decals on it?

Because then you can have it toy accurate as well, for anyone who actually likes the racing decoration or the toy look or just doesn't feel like such strict and slavish devotion to the cartoon is the be all and end all....

bowspearer Guest

Except that Takara have made it clear that this is about animation accuracy, so like it or lump it, that's the direction of the line.

Besides, I can't see Reprolables passing up the chance to sell a racing decal set, so I'm not sure how anyone is going to miss out here (that's if there isn't a + version released with a toy accurate deco anyway).

Speaking of Reprolabels and MPs, did they ever do a set for Exhaust? I can't find one on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Speaking of Reprolabels and MPs, did they ever do a set for Exhaust? I can't find one on the site.
    If I recall correctly, there is an issue with a set potentially having cigarette adverstising on it. When they did a conversion set for CW Wheeljack, they used anti-smoking ads instead, as they felt it was OK to not do a flagrant homage on a line more suited to a mainstream market (as opposed to MPs, for a more collectors market). For Exhaust, they would have to either compromise on accuracy, or include cigarette adevertising that they (rightly IMO) have an objection to.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    I bought a Marlboro set in Kong Kong, not sure of the brand though. Came up a treat.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/163131.../shares/J731yB
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

FatalityPitt Guest

Here's a list of the wave 1 assortment for Seige WFC, including the Decepticons!

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...nd-more/41878/

It's based on listings on the Midtwown Comics Online store; not an official reveal by Hasbro, so we'll park this here as a rumour for now.

It'd be nice to see Optimus and Megatron as voyagers who are not only available in the same wave, but are in the first wave of the line also