Thread: Voyager vs Deluxe Headmasters

Default Voyager vs Deluxe Headmasters

I was really excited about the possibility of G1 Headmasters being updated when we got Voyager Brainstorm in the CW and Legends line. While I'm glad that we are now getting the rest of the G1 Headmasters, well everyone except the Horrorcon triple changers and Scorponok, I really am disappointed that they will be Deluxes and not Voyagers like CW/LG Brainstorm.

Anyone else wish they could have all the G1 Headmasters in Voyager size (plus Titan Max and Scorp) or am I the only one?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Although I've only seen a couple in hand, I do think the Titan Masters are too small and like the size of Arcana that came with Voyager Brainstorm. So I guess yes I'd like Voyager Headmasters.

But now that they and the Targetmasters are coming in deluxe size, I would really like to see the Horrorcons in Voyager size to go with them.

Based on the voyager Brainstorm, I must disagree. I'm not a fan of making toys large just for the heck of it, I recall Supreme Cheetor all to well.

While I'm sure larger Titan Masters head robots would be nice I don't want to pay twice the price of a Deluxe for a toys unless they actually make use of the size and give us an increased level of intricacy you can't get in a smaller size.

The thing for me is, CW/LG Brainstorm is kind of a different case than the rest of the new TitanHeadMasters. He's very much IDW/More Than Meets The Eye Brainstorm, whereas the rest are pretty heavily G1 based. Much as I'd love to get an IDW-style Chromedome, right now the rest are all in a different 'category' of Headmasters IMO. I'm OK with it.
    That and CW/LG Brainstorm is actually kind of too large IMO. He towers over almost everything else - I'd rather he was a bit more regular-sized.

I do wish they'd done the Targetmasters with their Titan Masters as guns rather than heads, and I'd also totally be up for Voyager Horrorcons, but as it is having a consistent scale, that more or less works with the other (i.e. non-Headmaster) characters, for the Headmaster characters is good enough for me.

I'm also still really disappointed that HeadRobots never made their RotF Mindwipe upgrade kit...TR Mindwipe looks like balls in alt-mode.

I'm perfectly fine with the Headmasters being Deluxes. They're cheaper and carded toys are often better value for money than boxed toys anyway. I'm also happy w/ my Generations Brainstorm and it really doesn't bug me that much that he'll be taller than the other Headmasters (I'm not planning on getting TR Brainstorm). If the scale thing bothers you then I recommend getting Deluxe Brainstorm and offloading your Voyager.

Definitely deluxes to fit in the scale in robot mode with most other characters. I don't think a size upgrade to Voyager-scale is justified unless a) it fits with the character's fictional depiction (Generations Rhinox was perfect), or b) there is a significant advancement in toy engineering that fits with the character's purpose (CW combiner leaders compared against FoC Onslaught as a torso). CW Arcana only has ball-jointed arms on top of his TM counterparts.

If toy companies wanted to make more money from popular characters, they could marginally increase the RRP of popular characters (Prime, Megatron, or Bumblebee if you will) like in Japan, as opposed to drastically increasing the size of characters to justify more plastic per $ (CW Leader Seekers standing next to CW Combiners look ridiculous).

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!