Thread: Has Takara Tomy LG21 Hardhead discontinued?

Unhappy Has Takara Tomy LG21 Hardhead discontinued?

Hi,

hlj.com listed Takara Tomy LG21 Hardhead, but the ad has been removed.

I asked them why, and they told me that Takara Tomy LG21 Hardhead discontinued.

I even can't believe it. It hasn't been fully released, how come it already discontinued?

Does anyone know about this?

Thanks.

I've haven't heard anything, I think you will probably find that there pre-order is probably all allocated for now. Maybe try another online dealer and see if it's available?

I don't believe it has discontinued. I will wait till it becomes cheaper.

Don't stress, it is just HLJ way of saying that they have stopped their preorders because they are all allocated. Try another store

Most Japanese online retailers don't get enough stock to last beyond preorders. If you want to buy from a Japanese online retailer you normally have to be very quick and order within days or sometimes hours of the start of preorders. The Hong Kong retailers and American retailers normally have their stock last longer as far as time 'til sold out. When HLJ are sold out of their allotment they mark the item as Order Stop if it's a preorder and Discontinued after release.

Takara also normally only do a single production run, so you don't normally see retailers restocking items. There are however occasionally reissues of Takara stock, but they will be sold as a reissue, not as the same item as originally released.

If you want a LG Hardhead now the best bet is to try other online retailers.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BJ3226 View Post
    I don't believe it has discontinued. I will wait till it becomes cheaper.
    Welcome to Ozformers.

When searching on HLJ, tick the box 'Show Discontinued Items' & it'll show up on the search as Discontinued on that site.
    http://hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?Sort=...Word=lg-21&c=c

Quite a few online stores appear to have sold out / out of stock.
    Robotkingdom has it available. US$32.90 + shipping.

Good luck.