Thread: Now he can get some real science done.

Default Now he can get some real science done.

"Why didn't I do this four million years ago?"
    Seriously Shockwave. Guns are for shooting, hands are for sciencing.

erm what about the thumb?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    erm what about the thumb?
    I positioned him in the picture so you couldn't see it, but yeah that will need to come off at some point and be re-attached on the right side of his hand. Shouldn't be a problem.

It's always made me wonder how efficient a bot with one hand could be at performing such finesse-requiring tasks, like scientific experiments - I think the FoC Shockwave handled it best but your approach works pretty damn well too dude, even if he does have an opposable thumb on the wrong side of a hand.

The whole Shockwave as a scientist thing is relatively new. He was never a scientist in G1; in the G1 comics he was a Military Commander (as per his tech specs bio), and in the G1 cartoon he was a Steward.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    It's always made me wonder how efficient a bot with one hand could be at performing such finesse-requiring tasks
    Presumably, Cybertronian scientific equipment is all able to be controlled via their equivalent of WiFi, making physical interaction unnecessary most of the time.

And on the overthinking front, we've seen various characters able to manipulate forcefields - why not have a short-range version of that instead of being limited to two relatively clumsy hands?