Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazing Orion Pax stop-motion video

Cool Amazing Orion Pax stop-motion video

You gotta check this out.
    Its to awesome for words!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAu0...id=P85iVkW_Shg

oops. just realized.. wrong place. Could a mod move it to the right place please.
    thanks.

That was awesome! I want all future reviews to be done as stop motions !

I love stop motion videos of toys when they are done really well like this
    Patrick Boivin is one of my favourites at this...

Awesome. Not a single voice uttered.

More reviews should be done like this. Most of the talking reviewers don't do a very good job of displaying transformations or articulation and some can get overly onerous talking about the character's fictional backstory rather than the toy itself.

While I do love this figure the post-processing effects on this video makes the toy look a lot better than it actually does, which makes it a little misleading if you're only using this as a basis to buy.

Awesome Video, I woudl expect toy sales to be through the roof if Hasbro promoted every toy they produced like this. like Lint said, it does make the toy look more awesome than it really is but it still gives a pretty good idea of articulation and appearance.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I watched it muted, and I think one great advantage is that it transcends language barriers (except at the very end when the reviewer posts his ratings for articulation & transformation). But this video really demonstrates how a picture speaks a thousand words. I would've liked to have seen Hasbro's Orion Pax also make an appearance (and fight alongside the TakTOM version against those Zakus), because that would be great for people to see the differences between the two versions.

Another potential criticism is that the reviewer doesn't highlight things like the not terribly tight shoulder joints or how transforming the torso part may require excessive force. We can see this better in regular real time videos but not in stop motions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    More reviews should be done like this. Most of the talking reviewers don't do a very good job of displaying transformations or articulation and some can get overly onerous talking about the character's fictional backstory rather than the toy itself.
    Totally agree. And too many reviewers just give all the toys that they review "three thumbs up," whereas a video review better allows the viewers to decide for themselves. The only thing is of course, is that stop motions are extremely time consuming (and a lot of people make bad stop motions). So being a very time and skill intensive method, I can see that there wouldn't be too many people who could do it, but it certainly trumps over your regular video review. I don't even waste my time watching video reviews (because most of them are just acquisition boast videos rather than a genuine appraisal/review of the toy). But I do like this reviewer basically just lets the toy do all the 'speaking' for itself.

Youheidx is pretty cool too

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Another potential criticism is that the reviewer doesn't highlight things like the not terribly tight shoulder joints or how transforming the torso part may require excessive force. We can see this better in regular real time videos but not in stop motions.
    Thats very true, things like that would not come across in this style of review at all and would be something I would like to know about. That said, I suppose we can consider this more of an animated feature than a 'review' video.