Thread: TF Animated Episode 26 - Black Friday

Default TF Animated Episode 26 - Black Friday

"DINOBOTS RULE!!"

But we knew that.

A reasonable episode. Nice to see Black Arachnia and the Dinobots again, but only having Grimlock talk is getting tedious. Otherwise a mildly enjoyable but ultimately disposable episode.

The idea of a completely organic transformer is kinda interesting tho, eh Meltdown...?
    Which brings us to where we are today...

A little to the left... a little bit more...

More already????

I can't keep up!

it was another "filler" 'meh' episode, it had both it's positives and negatives. But ultimately if you miss this episode you won't be missing anything.

The story was again strong, if not simple, and good characterisation for BA, and a little on Prime. BA has a lot of power and she know how to use it. She may not be a true Decepticon, but she acts more Decepticon than all bar Megatron.
    Seeing Powell get treated like rubbish was nice too.

I'm getting a little over Grimlock's simpleness, although he is enjoyable to watch, I have been spoilt with the Comics Grimlock for too long to really see the character as Grimlock.

Prowl really has become Bumblebee's straight man.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Not bad!

BA was great! Bumblingbee was annoying! Overall, not much to it, but a pretty cool episode.

I feel like sometimes the writers have to 'create' jokes! This makes them seem very forced, and not natural or spontaneous (as all GOOD comedy appears!). There are plenty of times when the humour could be more subtle and come naturally.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Of all the characters in TFA, The one I like the most (by far) would have to be Blackarachnia . She seems to have had a tonne of characterisation & emotional development written into her storylines while her future direction seems limitless (Do you reckon she'll ever become Elita One again & rekindle her thing with Prime? ). Any episode with as much focus on Blackarachnia has to be a good one.

Are the Dinobots that simple-minded that Blackarachnia can get them to do whatever she wishes? Do Snarl & Swoop even talk?

Was it just me or did Meltdown's Monster Goons look kinda like 2 of the Masterforce Destron Pretenders?

For what was basically a filler episode, I thought it was extremely good (it's probably because I'm biased towards episodes with Blackarachnia as the central character ).

Therefore, I'd have to give this episode an 8 out of 10.

I hated this episode.

Primarily because I detest the Animated version of the Dinobots. I had issues with the G1 cartoon version (particularly Season 3) but Animated takes it to a whole new level of lameness. Why do they have to be so dumb?

For me, this episode was absolute crap and from what I hear the next one is also. The last two episodes remaining better kick butt or my 'Hate Animated' meter will rise again.
    Last edited by kup; 6th June 2008 at 10:08 PM.

A nice use of the Dinobotos in this episode and a good use of Blackarachnia and Meltdown too.

The Dinobots frustrate me. Don't get me wrong, I like them, but they're too stupid for their own good. Seriously, even if they ARE devoted to Blackarachnia, wouldn't they feel a little apprehensive about busting out the guy who tortured them to do his bidding?

They better start being more than guard-dogs for hire.

Episode was meh, primarily because of the above, and also that I really don't like BA, Meltdown, or the love triangle between BA, OP, and Grimlock.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    it was another "filler" 'meh' episode, it had both it's positives and negatives. But ultimately if you miss this episode you won't be missing anything.

The story was again strong, if not simple, and good characterisation for BA, and a little on Prime. BA has a lot of power and she know how to use it. She may not be a true Decepticon, but she acts more Decepticon than all bar Megatron.
    Seeing Powell get treated like rubbish was nice too.

I'm getting a little over Grimlock's simpleness, although he is enjoyable to watch, I have been spoilt with the Comics Grimlock for too long to really see the character as Grimlock.

Prowl really has become Bumblebee's straight man.
    Too lazy to come up w/ my own thoughts but i_amtrunks sums it up best imo.

I think the biggest weakness of this episode for fans would've been the use of the Dinobots. They have a bit too much love in the fandom to continually treat them like screwballs.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection