Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TF Animated Episode 24 - SUV: Society of Ultimate Villiany

Default TF Animated Episode 24 - SUV: Society of Ultimate Villiany

Overall I thought it was a pretty good episode.
    Still annoyed at that pony riding villain, its very wrong.

Woot swindle! Though I wish he had more of the g1 style voice than that.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

The first half of the episode basically put me to sleep . Human villains in TF storylines? Why_oh_Why don't they ever learn... Sigh

But when Swindle came into life, the episode really picked up the pace . I'm not sure if it was the right decision to make him a swindler by personality (his arm cannon looked very G1 Megs-ish) & his Alt mode is an S.U.V? Shouldn't it have been a Jeep?

Last episode had BB & Sari playing no part in it at all while in this episode, they become the only 'Bots involved in the story... ? IMO This definitely dragged the episode down.

Swindle really picked this episode up for me. Without him, I would have given it a 4 out of 10 - at best. But Swindle's emergement picked this episode up to a 7 out of 10.

Isn't it weird how last episode was so awesome but this episode seemed like such a let down...

I mostly agree with Pulse. This episode started off with the same dumb formula that ruined the first season for me. When Swindle showed up, it picked up considerably despite the focus being on Sari and Bumblebee which have a tendency to drag episodes down.

Overall it was a 'meh' episode. Swindle rescued it from being another total crappyness like Season 1.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Reflecting on this episode some more, It got me thinking...

"Have we ever had a better Human Villain in a TF series than this character?"

Ok, Time for a bit of confession . Who has contemplated buying a My Little Pony just so that they can have their own Professor Penny Princess & Powdered Sugar?

I thought it was a 'meh' episode, because aside from Headmaster, none of the human villains are really all that interesting. I liked Slo-Mo though.

FORSOOTH! THE ANGRY ARCHER RETURNETH! Oh yeah, Angry Archer's cool too.

Swindle was...alright. I haven't really thought much of any Swindle besides "Wow, he looks like crap" (this was regarding the Movie Swindle, though). I find it a bit weird that they decided to buck the eye-colour trend just for him, but I suppose he's more of a neutral than a real Decepticon.

Who else caught the Vok reference? Given that they're throwing in call-outs to everywhere, who's willing to bet that we'll see a jaAm reference?

I cought the Vok reference when Swindle used his force field. Although the reference was nice, it kind of makes the Vok in the Animated continuity a 'lesser' race than in Beast Wars/G2 continuity. Now they are just regular aliens who are willing to make 'deals' instead of mysterious and god like.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I wasn't impressed with seeing the swindle toy earlier, but the character of him makes me want it now. He's armed to the teeth. And yea, he's more like a hummer. Not too bad a compromise over a jeep.

Transformers need more guns.
    ________
    New Jersey Dispensary
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I cought the Vok reference when Swindle used his force field. Although the reference was nice, it kind of makes the Vok in the Animated continuity a 'lesser' race than in Beast Wars/G2 continuity. Now they are just regular aliens who are willing to make 'deals' instead of mysterious and god like.
    Maybe they got bored with the whole mysterious-and-god-like act.

The Vok entry was the kind of nod/easter egg I like subtle yet still mildly amusing.

For a Bumblebee/Sari episode, I quite enjoyed this episode, while Professor Princess sounds exactly the same al Lil from Rugrats, I still enjoy the character, and Angry Archer is always good for a laugh or two.

Fred Willard as the voice of Swindle was great casting, it gave a very different feel to Swindle, although Willard has played the exact same type of character numerous times, most recently during the final season of Stargate SG1.

Swindle made what could have been a very 'meh' episode very entertaining. A very nice filler episode.

But please can we have some more info on the Seeker clones in the next episode?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

What is vok?
    ________
    California Medical Marijuana
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 09:32 AM.