Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TF Animated Episode 24 - SUV: Society of Ultimate Villiany

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Swindle ROCKS!!!

Didn't mind this episode... even if it was a bit preachy at the end... Ratchet: "Well, I hope you've learned something about Teamwork!"... He-Man would be very proud!

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    What is vok?
    It's a G2 and Beast Wars Fan club exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks
    For a Bumblebee/Sari episode, I quite enjoyed this episode, while Professor Princess sounds exactly the same al Lil from Rugrats, I still enjoy the character, and Angry Archer is always good for a laugh or two.
    I knew her voice sounded familiar! I just couldn't figure out from where.

I hate the human characters in this show so to me they were all a big let down. Every time they focus on them, they cripple the storyline in my view. Thankfully the pacing for this season is much better and these characters only appear every now and then while the focus is strongly on the Decepticons.
    Last edited by kup; 2nd June 2008 at 04:14 PM.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    It's a G2 and Beast Wars Fan club exclusive

I knew her voice sounded familiar! I just couldn't figure out from where.

I hate the human characters in this show so to me they were all a big let down. Every time they focus on them, they cripple the storyline in my view. Thankfully the pacing for this season is much better and these characters only appear every now and then while the focus is strongly on the Decepticons.
    And? The reference is what to what?

I love the human characters. As long as they annoy the "everything should be beast wars" fans, they need more screen time. I really like them more for the fact that while on earth, it's more than a one sided monotonous battle over supreme universe power amongst a handful of regulars. That was pioneered and worked in G1, I'm glad for the refresh that incorporates more than that.
    ________
    Nash 600
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 09:32 AM.

Swindle was totally an Infomercials host! just less evil

I'm taking a liking to the human villans, Nanosec rocks but that may have to do with Brian Posehn doing the voice...

hated the slo-mo b*tch

I love the human characters. As long as they annoy the "everything should be beast wars" fans, they need more screen time. I really like them more for the fact that while on earth, it's more than a one sided monotonous battle over supreme universe power amongst a handful of regulars. That was pioneered and worked in G1, I'm glad for the refresh that incorporates more than that.
    On the contrary, this show should be more G1 than Beast Wars since its on Earth with humans so they should properly contribute to the story rather than cringe striking bad comedy acts, anyway that's my opinion on the matter as I think they are hopelessly implemented. G1 handled humans much better in both comics and cartoon I reckon.

I do love Beast Wars but I love G1 equally as much and I find the humans a bit of a let down in Animated even by G1 standards, they remind me more of the Armada kids in the sense that they are generally utterly pointless; at least here they served a purpose as an accessory to Swindle and that is what rescued the episode. It would be good if we could see something less leaning to comedy or side acts and something that contributes more to the overall story like it was done in the G1 comics.
    Last edited by kup; 3rd June 2008 at 12:57 AM.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Sari, professor sumdac, Meltdown, cpt fanzone, powell, they all contribute to the entire thing. Unless you want humans like the girl who loved powerglide. If anything is like the armada kids, it's soundwave, wreckgar, the constructicons. Just one show shots with the corny "a bit survived" at the end every time. And if anything is just comedy relief, it's blitzwing and lugnut.

I think you're looking at people of generations past too much through rose coloured glasses .
    ________
    No2 Vaporizer Reviews
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 09:33 AM.

We have to agree to disagree as we have radically different outlooks on this show and the Transformers brand in general . As you know, overall I don't think highly of Animated (this includes the toys and not just for the style) although the show itself has begun to improve considerably in season 2 but for me its hard to make up for the awfulness of the first season but its continuing to improve so I have to acknowledge that.

I knew there'd be a Villians team up eventually and I think this episode makes the smaller appearances of them worth it. If it had only been the SUV it wouldn't have been that great, but Swindle was a great addition to the Decepticons, and by the looks we finally get a good toy to match the G1 cartoon character.

I like the humans in this series. I think they're implemented rather well, ESPECIALLY considering a certain kick-happy human from Energon.

The reference is to a bunch of aliens from Beast Wars who messed around with things.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon View Post
    I like the humans in this series. I think they're implemented rather well, ESPECIALLY considering a certain kick-happy human from Energon.
    Professor Princess included in that statement?