View Poll Results: Which is best?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Deluxe Cybertron Mode Prime

5 20.00%
  • Deluxe Earth Mode Prime (w/Battle Damage)

3 12.00%
  • They're both equal

3 12.00%
  • I'm holding out for Voyager Earth mode

5 20.00%
  • I like Machine Men

9 36.00%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Animated Optimus Prime - Deluxe Cybertron Mode vs. Deluxe Battle Damaged Earth Mode

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I don't like Machine Men, but do like the original Machine Robos from Japan.
    +1 (although Machine Men and Transformers remind me of my childhood! )

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    But getting back on topic, maybe you should hold out for voyager earth-mode Prime - I've heard he's an awesome figure.
    Yeah I've read that too! I think I'm going to pass on both the deluxe Primes (and Megatron)... and just wait for Voyager Prime! He looks like the best one by far... even if he does have a silly looking axe (for the record, I believe Deluxe 2-pack earth Prime's axe fits in to Voyager's hand!)

I'm waiting for the Voyager Version. The Deluxe Earth Mode one looks nice, but I can't stand that try-hard battle damage.

I got the Deluxe Cybertron Mode Megatron from that set - split it with liegeprime, who described the battle damage as Venom's alien symbiote from Spiderman. ;p

...I just know that I'm gonna get the Voyager version, then Hasbro will release a clean version of Deluxe Earth Prime. *sigh*

I think the way that Earth mode's upper chest lines up (or doesn't line up) with his neck/collar/shoulder area makes him look like he's got a big pair of saggy, double D's.

They are both pretty good, the Cybertron mode is just a little better looking in both modes but I do like the Earth mode cab design and colour more.

Not to sure about his face, it is ok just not exactly right but I guess with the chin and mouth, it's pretty easy to make him look like the Tick or something and not animated prime.

I've recanted on my initial misgivings. Cybertron Prime for me. Jaydisc showed me I wasn't transforming mine right at all. 'Twas more complicated than I actually expected. I think the Battle-damage is the determinative factor for me. It works better on Megatron but the BD Prime is not as visually appealing.

I like the arms on Cybertron more too b/c he's can hold the axe in both hands simultaneously. A first for TFs and the range of poses that opens up = hours of fun.

As Jaydisc mentioned today, the major annoyance is that the axes aren't the same size for the fist holes. I would love to use that BD axe for both.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwarp View Post
    Isn't there going to be a Leader size?
    Nope... Supreme, but it's quite disproportionate to itself (and other figures), loaded with gimmicks, and surely exorbitantly expensive.

I still like the 2-pack Earth mode Prime more~

Earth mode fits in better with the rest of his Autobot Crew. I usually dislike "Battle Damage" but dont mind the "Venom" style used in the 2 pack.

However, if Hasbro ever decide to create Cybertron mode toys for the rest of the Autobots, then Cybertron mode Prime will become a must buy.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I don't mind the level of battle damage either. It's not too distracting, and can sort of pass as oil stain.

I also think this one has a better looking truck cab mode than the Voyager one.