Default Toy Review - MP-18 Masterpiece Streak

Toy Review - Streak
    Series - Takara Masterpiece
    Sub-line - none
    Size/class - MP Car
    Wave - MP-18
    New/remould/redeco - remould
    Released here - No
    Approximate Retail Price - 6090Y - $50-70AU (depending on where and when you bought)
    Approximate Size - Bit bigger than deluxe
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Datsun Fairlady 280ZX
    Main Features/Gimmicks - retractable dual shouder cannons
    Main Colours - Black/Silver
    Main Accessories - Gun

I wasn't going to get Streak, foolishly thinking that Prowl and Smokescreen would satisfy me. Wrong!

I think i like Streak more than Prowl now - his silver is a really nice gunmetal (similar to Alternity Megatron), whilst the black is super glossy and just looks superb! I love the extra detailing on the transparent parts of his hood. Happy to report mine also had no QC issues (my Prowl had a bit of a lumpy-paint forehead) - Streaks paint job is immaculate.

I think the only thing i can fault with it is, are his built in launchers. They're not painted, so they look a little cheap next to the rest of the shiny silver.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    I think the only thing i can fault with it is, are his built in launchers. They're not painted, so they look a little cheap next to the rest of the shiny silver.
    in comparison to Prowl and Smokescreen he does seem a bit plain. Prowl gets the shiny launchers (from amazon) and sirens and Smokescreen gets his launchers and body kit.

I don't have any Amazon launchers unfortunately! Not the end of the world, though maybe i'll get some 3rd party ones when if/when they come.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    in comparison to Prowl and Smokescreen he does seem a bit plain. Prowl gets the shiny launchers (from amazon) and sirens and Smokescreen gets his launchers and body kit.
    Launcher. Amazon only provided 1 launcher which I felt was disappointing. Bluestreak should come with 1 launcher too - Amazon Smokescreen doesn't come w/ any bonus accessories (but I still preordered mine from there anyway just cos it was the cheapest I could find ). My Bluestreak's still sitting in Japan... gonna have him shipped together with Smokescreen to save on postage.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Launcher. Amazon only provided 1 launcher which I felt was disappointing. Bluestreak should come with 1 launcher too - Amazon Smokescreen doesn't come w/ any bonus accessories (but I still preordered mine from there anyway just cos it was the cheapest I could find ). My Bluestreak's still sitting in Japan... gonna have him shipped together with Smokescreen to save on postage.
    yes i know that Prowl and Bluestreak come with one launcher each (unless you bought Prowl from RK for $69.90 which included 2 launchers) - what i meant was that the launcher that comes with Bluestreak is meant for Prowl. Which is why he ends up being a bit plain with his default launchers.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Actually for me I felt Smokescreen looks kind of flat compared to this guy. I know, smokescreen has body kit etc...but it didn't seem fierce enough.

I really like Bluestreak the grey/black color looks great and he looks better with the 2 amazon launchers too. Only gripe is my Bluestreak is a southpaw if I put his gun in his right hand he can't hold it straight I think the groove might need some trimming. Anyone else have this problem?

Unfortunately I have to wait until Smokescreen is released as I bundled them together I was like Kurdt and wasn't gonna bother with Bluestreak

I'm starting to see why people think he is better than Prowl though
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    yes i know that Prowl and Bluestreak come with one launcher each (unless you bought Prowl from RK for $69.90 which included 2 launchers) - what i meant was that the launcher that comes with Bluestreak is meant for Prowl. Which is why he ends up being a bit plain with his default launchers.
    Aah right. I don't mind the default launchers per se... I like the idea of Prowl, Bluestreak and Smokescreen all having different looking launchers to further differentiate them.

i found that this figure got really good paint job ...compare to prowl in which both of my had a little smudge of paint .... i love the transparent window on the roof also which was a nice touch as prowl one was painted over,, it good how they try to make it different form prowl , and smokescreen , the looks of his body kit doesn't have much detail at all and looks odd , he my favourite character so hoping it look better in person.