Thread: Intro

Default Intro

Hi all,

Happy to be here. I've mostly been lurking on the site, looking at the Sightings board, but thought I should join and contribute.

I built up a small collection of TFs in the 80s through birthday and xmas gifts. OP, Soundwave, Blaster, some minicons.

Then in the 2000s I got interested again and bought a few Blackarachnias and Arcees but I was never happy with the quality of TFs at that time.

In the last few years I've been reading the IDW comics and fallen in love again. My collection has more than doubled in that time, picking up characters I've always liked but never had. Brainstorm, Rodimus, Cyclonus, Ratchet, Starscream. Those comics have helped me learn to like the robot modes too. I used to keep all my TFs in vehicle mode but no longer.

I'm not all that picky. Happy with the Animated range of toys, the Takara Tomy. Masterpieces tend to be too expensive for my tastes, I'm happy with KO as long as it's KO price. Spend a lot of time on ebay.

I'm really excited about the Hasbro range this year. Wheelie gets a good toy finally, Wreckgar, Skylynx, Chromedome, Sweeps. I'll be getting a lot if I ever manage to see them in stores. Why doesn't K-Mart have a "it's on the shelf now" notification app?

Welcome to the boards tailgate. I was once a lurker but it's much more satisfying to contribute to the discussion. You sound very clear on what you like collecting, well done.

Welcome to the boards!

We are a fun bunch and always happy to have another contributor.

You like Animated. You have good taste
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Welcome! Keep posting and you'll be upgraded in access. You may have noticed an area you can't access now called "members' transformer sales". You can find some great items in here which gives you more bots for bucks.

Hmm I like that. Now trademarking "more bots for your buck"

You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin

мыслете наш он покой