Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: FT Iron Dibots

Ok Grinder is doing my head in. To people who have it, when I'm pulling out the tail from the inside the legs to transform to Dino mode, it gets caught on the bottom bit of plastic. I was able to pull out the tail from the left leg last night but noticed now that I've taken off a little bit of chrome on the end edge of the largest tail piece. The same thing will happen with the right leg so I haven't forced that one.

Is this an issue that anyone else has had? Mine doesn't appear to be misassembled, it just looks like there is no clearance.

Oh sure. Gloat about the fact that yours has a tail...
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Haha you have the ultra exclusive tail-less version.

The more I look at this, I think I'm just going to have to shave back the plastic on the leg a bit to provide the clearance. Not impressed that I would have to do this on a $250 toy.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Have you talk to the place you bought from or send an email to Fan Toys?

Normally they will look at it and send you an entire tail assembly if it is a fault.

I don't have any issues on the tail, I accidentally dropped Grinder and 1 foot to the ground and the head top popped off, nothing broken. still solid.

I had a faulty Willis head previously, ad fan toys sent two replacement head to me.

Also, did you have the qc sticker on the toy? It be hard to believe yours have it and the toy had some fault. The tail is normally protected and paper wrapped when brand new out from the box.

Overall, as a NON Dinobot fan, I am actually enjoying these a lot more my entire car mp collection, yes every single car bot can't beat the fun I am having with these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post

Normally they will look at it and send you an entire tail assembly if it is a fault.

I don't have any issues on the tail, I accidentally dropped Grinder and 1 foot to the ground and the head top popped off, nothing broken. still solid.

I had a faulty Willis head previously, ad fan toys sent two replacement head to me.

Also, did you have the qc sticker on the toy? It be hard to believe yours have it and the toy had some fault. The tail is normally protected and paper wrapped when brand new out from the box.

Overall, as a NON Dinobot fan, I am actually enjoying these a lot more my entire car mp collection, yes every single car bot can't beat the fun I am having with these guys.
    I will get in touch with Fans Toys. I bought it from Action Robo so should be covered well there. I just wanted to check if this is a known issue with the figure. So yours doesn't rub on anything as it is unpacked from the inside leg? Once I get the regular Grinder I can compare it to the X that I'm having the issue with.

Yes mine had the QC sticker and did come with the paper wrapped around the chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Ok Grinder is doing my head in. To people who have it, when I'm pulling out the tail from the inside the legs to transform to Dino mode, it gets caught on the bottom bit of plastic. I was able to pull out the tail from the left leg last night but noticed now that I've taken off a little bit of chrome on the end edge of the largest tail piece. The same thing will happen with the right leg so I haven't forced that one.

Is this an issue that anyone else has had? Mine doesn't appear to be misassembled, it just looks like there is no clearance.
    I've not opened mine yet and won't get to it for a while, one thing I have found with Fans Toys product in the past is their tolerances are often very tight for moving one piece past another. Not being familiar with the toy yet, is it possible to adjust it some other way to then allow more clearance for moving the tail piece?

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Say Whaat? perhaps I should open my Grinder and give it a quick look over to make sure it has all it's parts?
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I've not opened mine yet and won't get to it for a while, one thing I have found with Fans Toys product in the past is their tolerances are often very tight for moving one piece past another. Not being familiar with the toy yet, is it possible to adjust it some other way to then allow more clearance for moving the tail piece?

Say Whaat? perhaps I should open my Grinder and give it a quick look over to make sure it has all it's parts?
    So FT quickly replied to my email and said to try loosening the screw to give the tail more clearance. I'll give that a go, hopefully I can get it to work satisfactorily. Strange that everything is so tight as you described.

Yes I only checked this so soon following what Trent reported with his. Best to check it over.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I had my Soar (Swoop for two days now)

Funny enough, I have no issues with the gold clips on its knee. Doesn't feel is going to break or anything, so I intend to keep using it till something actually breaks, (if it anint broken, dont fix it)

I altered the Soar's head that came with Grinder box and it looked more natural feel.

So far the feet seems to be a ted loose for my liking and I was surprised that was not on ratchet.

Some down points, the rear (bending part) of the knee may rub against the rear part of the legs causing paint wear, pretty minor concerns for me.

The stand could have more flexibility in height adjustments and angle. > more like Gundam display stands

In my humble opinion, Fan Toys still done a great job. 7.5/10 for this dinobot.

In bird mode it looks magnificent, I think it looks better in Chrome wings but I havent had the chance to change them.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post

Surely you jest good sir. If not you are putting far too much faith in a little green sticker you can buy on eBay. My Grinder had one of those stickers and it didn't have a tail. Like when you open up both legs to fold out the tail, they. were. empty.

Fortunately I have a tail on the way but yeah, those QC stickers aren't worth the paper they're printed on.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I have my Grinder X (god this is the only context where that name is not NSFW), which will likely be my first and only FanToys figure because Grimlock, and he is simply magnificent.

I love my MP-8 and MP-8X however are prehistoric compared to Grinder who definitely stands as the greatest Grimlock figure around (beating Planet-X Vulcun for me).