Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TFAn Review Ep1-3 (spoilers)

Default TFAn Review Ep1-3 (spoilers)

Post here your thoughts on the 'movie' episode of Transformers Animated (episodes 1-3). If this screens in Australia any time soon, we will re-look at this topic.

*** SPOILERS ***

Episode Synopsis apparently from Cartoon Network website:

Episodes 1, 2 & 3: Transform & Roll Out!
    Optimus Prime & his small crew of Autobots come into possession of the AllSpark, a powerful Cybertronian artifact that actracts the attention of their long-forgotten enemies the Decepticons and sends them crashing to a strange & distant planet known as Earth.

OK your going to hear this from TF animated biggest hater:

Thanks to Griff i manages to get a look at TF Animated during the week, before i saw this i originally HATED it. Then i decided it was going to be good for TF's and good for my wallet (Not buying something i hated).

I would now like to in front of all of you eat my hat!

It was a great show, definatley aimed at a younger audience but with the little G1 tributes i saw and the definate movie likeness in some parts IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!

***Spoilers***

I did find it odd the leadership structure, having Prime a fresh academy bot and having Ultra Magnus as the Autobot commander but it seemed to work out really well.

I put my hand on my heart and thoroughly reccomend that everyone watch this funny new spin on Transformers. I do honestly feel that this is going to benefit our obsession with toys because it will rope in a new generation so our toy companies have more money to spend on us

8.5/10

No I think I am TF animated's biggest hater as I still dislike it with a passion for 3 main reasons, the human characters, horrendous animation style and as far as I'm concerned the extremely young audience this is aimed at.

As I pointed out in my reviews on the other thread, I have been underwhelmed by the first episode 'movie' of Animated and following episodes with the exception of the Lockdown episode which was excellent.

Original review:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=22

Mods, Do you wish us to repost reviews here and in similar threads?
    ________
    Health shop
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:52 PM.

My thoughts about this episode have already been expressed on here

I like it far more than I expected. I've watched two episodes now (the 1st 3 plius 4). There's a good level of interplay between the characters and that little girl isn't as overbearing as those brats from Cybertron.

If the animation style were more classic, I'd be in love with this series. As it is, it's probably middling average for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MV75
    And I really do like the defined autobot leadership structure as well, and the fact that the team isn't the most uber powerful force of the autobots (yet). There's lots of growing space.
    It's nothing new, but I admit that it is good to see an Optimus who's a captain rather than supreme commander.

Quote Originally Posted by STL
    There's a good level of interplay between the characters and that little girl isn't as overbearing as those brats from Cybertron.
    ...except for when she uses that key.

Am re-watching this now as I just got the 2-pack of figures with the DVD and noticed that when the Decepticon ship first fires on the Autobots, Prime says, "Activate emergency defense system, code name Omega." Teletraan 1 refuses stating, "I'm sorry. This function has been disabled in compliance with Cybertron's ongoing efforts to conserve Energon".

Based on that and the glimpses of Omega Supreme, it seems quite clear that Omega Supreme IS the autobot ship. Has anyone else noticed this? Or am I late to the party?

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Or am I late to the party?

I think I must make like Blitzwing and express my feelings about this IN SONG.

*sings* It was awesome! So very awesome!