Page 423 of 481 FirstFirst ... 403413418419420421422423424425426427428433443 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,230 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Not a fan either but I was able to loose a lot of weight by just eating their 1100mg 6" subs for lunch. I have gone back to them as I am attempting to loose weight now, I am currently the fatest I have ever been.
    If you are looking to lose weight and not have it cost an arm and a leg I cannot recommend Lite n Easy enough. Such variety and it actually tastes pretty good. Only costs about $150 for your entire weeks meals. A few weeks and you lose a few kgs.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    If you are looking to lose weight and not have it cost an arm and a leg I cannot recommend Lite n Easy enough. Such variety and it actually tastes pretty good. Only costs about $150 for your entire weeks meals. A few weeks and you lose a few kgs.
    I am already on it but appreciate the recommendation anyhow as it gives me more confidence that it will work. Thanks!

It's so frustrating trying to sell anything to overseas buyers. Every single time, they baulk at the postage prices, and I lose the sale despite taking a little extra off the item price to try and compensate. Someone just now wanted me to agree to sell an anime artwork set for US$50 including postage. The postage alone comes to US$45 due to the weight and insurance costs. :/

I'm running out of ideas. No-one here in Aus collects the series' I'm trying to sell, but the US collectors don't want to pay postage.

I don't know what it is about Americans and postage costs... Maybe they're so used to being everything domestically?

Yeah I have encountered the same, keep in mind you could very well be dealing with someone who has never been out their state, so explaining the costs of something being posted from the other side of the world might be a difficult concept to comprehend.

One gripe I have is about a very well known G1 collector who keeps asking me to sell a book I have on ebay to him very cheaply. He just doesn't get that he needs to pay the price I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Yeah I have encountered the same, keep in mind you could very well be dealing with someone who has never been out their state, so explaining the costs of something being posted from the other side of the world might be a difficult concept to comprehend.
    I mean everyone who buys from outside the US has to pay their high postage costs for international delivery. Don't know why Americans think it should suddenly be cheaper the other way around

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    One gripe I have is about a very well known G1 collector who keeps asking me to sell a book I have on ebay to him very cheaply. He just doesn't get that he needs to pay the price I want.
    Its the same thing with the anime art I'm trying to sell. Everyone wants me to give it to them for free basically. I know the market isn't great, but there is a limit to how low of an offer I would accept.

To be fair, postage between North America and Australia is obscenely expensive. Which is why I'm more than happy to use Japanese or Australian based online stores like HLJ, PC etc. Getting stuff from the US was good when the AUD was above parity with the USD... and back when you could buy toys off Amazon USA. I just don't bother with US based stores anymore.

it used to be so cheap to ship stuff from the states as well. I recall several times now I've shipped Baseball cleats from the states for about $20, it was untracked but first class international was reliable and always under 2 weeks.

It's harder to find people willing to ship using that method or something similar now. I think the price of it has also gone up significantly.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

That totally pushed me off of buying things from American Ebay. The last time I bought a game o something from America, the postage was almost as much as the damn game itself. After looking though a bunch of other US listings, all their postage just seemed unreasonable.

I stopped after that.

Actually I haven't used ebay for a long time now!

Even amazon shipping has gone up significantly in the last year or two.... as it used to be cheaper to post items from them than it was to send it across Australia. Now its not.