Page 97 of 136 FirstFirst ... 77879293949596979899100101102107117 ... LastLast

Thread: tv shows what u into

Anyone here use Foxtel's Play service on consoles and set-top-boxes as opposed to the standard Foxtel?

I'm wondering if they have the Foxtel Go catch up service built into the apps for Play or if they require you to be on a tablet or phone. I know they build the Go catch up service into the IQ3 box, but I really want to switch from the IQ3 to the Play app because it's in HD without having to pay an extra $10 a month and I can cancel anytime online as opposed to calling them and negotiating with a retention representative.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Fear the Walking Dead = nothing happens for 40 mins then something happens at the end so you to watch the next episode to find out what happened but get stuck watching 40 mins of nothing again.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Fear the Walking Dead = nothing happens for 40 mins then something happens at the end so you to watch the next episode to find out what happened but get stuck watching 40 mins of nothing again.
    So it's the Walking Dead then

I remember Alias was like that with the weekly cliffhanger that gets resolved in five minutes.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    it was great, i didn't relise it had came back so i got to watch episodes tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    So it's the Walking Dead then
    LOL... yep, pretty much
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

By luck on the History channel, I came across a documentary series called Superheroes: A never-ending battle. The first episode covers the 1930's, 40's and 50's. The second covers the 60's and 70's. The third will cover the 80's and the subsequent superhero movie boom.

Interesting how The Shadow paved the way for the founding of Batman.

And how a certain issue of Spider-man loosened the iron grip of the Comics Code Authority.

Does anyone watch Gogglebox? I keep seeing and hearing about it everywhere, but I can't for the life of me understand what is so entertaining about watching people, watching tv? Even on the radio this morning the announcers were talking about "the most famous Gogglebox couple."

Why watch people, watching a tv show instead of just watching that tv show yourself? Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    Does anyone watch Gogglebox? I keep seeing and hearing about it everywhere, but I can't for the life of me understand what is so entertaining about watching people, watching tv? Even on the radio this morning the announcers were talking about "the most famous Gogglebox couple."

Why watch people, watching a tv show instead of just watching that tv show yourself? Am I missing something?
    Im a fan, I watch it every week, but thought the same before I saw the first episode. I like it for a few reasons. One is there's a good "cast" with mostly strong and entertaining personalities that are amusing to watch

Another is it's a good way to sample shows that I would never watch. The narrator recaps a show and shows scenes and we see the viewers react and commentate. Like I'm not going to watch hours of the latest cooking/renovation show but a small package of 'highlights' with snarky comments and discussions from the home viewers is enough for me.

Maybe it's because I don't have someone to make those comments about what I'm watching to now I live alone (except on Twitter) and I miss it.

That's fair enough then. I guess it's just not for me.

I'm usually the quiet one when watching tv or movies so having no one to comment about a show to doesn't really bother me.