Thread: Kreon Microchangers Combiners: In-hand pics

Default Kreon Microchangers Combiners: In-hand pics

In hand pics of the upcoming Kreon Microchanger combiners have showed up on TFW and various other TF sites. These sets, as many of you will know, contain 5 (Devy) or 4 (everyone else) kreons which combine into a larger figure.
    Pictures have arised of Devastator and Superion, the first to be released.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...ctures-176524/
    I really like the look of these and the stands make them even better. (LEG PRINTING- FUN!!!)
    Although the combined modes are slightly weak, they seem to have really good robot modes and, to my suprise, impressive alt modes! (on the constructicons at least) I am actually quite fond of these alt modes and they are much better than the blindpacked figures', IMHO.
    Discuss them here and whether or not you are considering them.

No what some clever fan has done is he has repurposed the extra blind packed kreon from wave one and added him to the combined mode. So each combiner has 4 in the packet with a different blind packed figure too. Very interesting. I've ordered a box of wave 1 and also all 4 combiners. Can't wait.

Just be aware that the sets only have four Kreons in each box, even Devastator. The images in the TFW news link has the extra figure that was available in Wave 1 blind-packs. So as noted above, if you want the full set of Aerialbots, Combaticons and Predacons, you'll need to buy the blind-packed Kreons to do it (and then be creative if you wanted to add them to the combined mode).
    So far there is no LongHaul, so between the four Constructicons in the box-set and the blind-packed one (Hook), we only have five of the six released.

Aerialbots - (Silverbolt, Fireflight, Airraid, Skydive - boxset) + (Quickslinger/Slingshot - blind-pack)
    Combaticons - (Onslaught, Brawl, Swindle, Vortex - boxset) + (Blast Off - blind-pack)
    Predacons - (Razorclaw, Tantrum, Divebomb, Headstrong - boxset) + (Rampage - blind-pack)
    Constructicons - (Scavenger, Scrapper, Quickmix, Bonecrusher - boxset) + (Hook - blind-pack)

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    No what some clever fan has done is he has repurposed the extra blind packed kreon from wave one and added him to the combined mode. So each combiner has 4 in the packet with a different blind packed figure too. Very interesting. I've ordered a box of wave 1 and also all 4 combiners. Can't wait.
    where did you order them Sir?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Damned View Post
    where did you order them Sir?
    Bbts. Just under $40 for all 4 sets. Not too bad really.

Photos of the Combaticons set have been posted up now as well. And like the other two sets already shown off, the person has included the fifth figure that isn't in the boxset (is in the blind-packs).
    Be aware that they've also used that fifth figure (Blast Off) in some of their combiner pics... and it would be pretty neat if the instructions for the 4-pack boxset included an alternate construction that encouraged you to seek out the fifth (blind-pack) figure.
    (it'd be a wasted marketing opportunity if they didn't)

Images of the Predacon 4-pack (plus the fifth from the blind-packs).

I'm a bit disappointed that two of them have cloth bits instead of plastic.

Which 2 have cloth? I see Razorclaw, but I can't see cloth on any of the others.

Hmmm.... maybe I saw the two modes and mistakenly thought it was two different ones... probably because the hood over the robot head isn't like Razorclaw, and I just thought it was Tantrum or Headstrong instead.