Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: BigW mid-year toy sale - June 22nd to July 12

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    If anything its better like that, midnight openings means I have to rush in at an odd hour to ensure I get what I want rather than a reasonable time
    That's true - 7am is I guess a reasonable time (I'm just not a morning person ) But anything to get my hands on Trypticon. I even asked the hubby to drop the son off at school so I can go toy shopping tomorrow morning.

@Griffin, nice of them to let you know. The lady I called this morning at the branch near me didn't sound helpful at all.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Sale price was scanning at 3:30

Sale price was now active at a store near me before they closed at 6pm. They just put out the 6-pack of 1-steps but not Trypticon.

Sale prices have been working since at least 1pm. A colleague made a little mistake and jumped the gun putting all our Trypticon's out today thinking it's $248 so nobody is going to buy it. By the time they were put back out the back there were only 4 left for tomorrow. Glad I was able to grab one while they were out.

Also I don't know if every store has them but there's a PDQ with movie stuff on it. But it also has one bay full of Broadside's. I know there were a fair few people looking for him a couple of months ago so that might be a chance to get him.
    Last edited by DELTAprime; 21st June 2017 at 08:20 PM.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Sale price was scanning at 3:30
    This better not be why I couldn't see any trypticons hanging around at 4pm today

I hate it when I'm wrong especially when it means I have to go scour around Melbourne again

If anybody happens to come across a 40th anniversary R2-D2/ Han Solo/ C-3PO/ Chewbacca could you please hook a brother up!

Melbourne CBD Big W have nothing but shelf warming Star Wars Lego from 2015.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I can safely assume despite being told there was over 30 units available at werribee plaza When I arrived at midnight there were only 2 trypticons left both with damaged boxes, only found them hidden amongest those garbage large sized c3-po figures towards the DIY section, I grabbed the least damaged box, a duo claimed the other, I was walking around with the box facing forward to see if I can help people find the other box but I guess its too late.

I'm guessing the early system release was widely spread and people claimed the others when I initially visited at 4pm, least I claimed something after watching that madness, I was told it was gonna be crazy mothers but it was the fathers near the entrance that were the real hassle (a fist fight nearly broke out or least some loud shouting match about cutting lines...there was no lines the hell people?)

Quote Originally Posted by laproblematique View Post
    If anybody happens to come across a 40th anniversary R2-D2/ Han Solo/ C-3PO/ Chewbacca could you please hook a brother up!

Melbourne CBD Big W have nothing but shelf warming Star Wars Lego from 2015.
    ...they turned up for maybe a few hours and were gonna from the target down here weeks ago, you have a higher chance of finding a jawa than any of those especially the r2-d2, but good luck man you'll need it

I think I heard that the online orders were being filled by the nearest individual store, rather than from the central warehouse.
    If that is true, the three days of sale prices online could have drained most of the limited stock most stores received.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I think I heard that the online orders were being filled by the nearest individual store, rather than from the central warehouse.
    If that is true, the three days of sale prices online could have drained most of the limited stock most stores received.
    Personally I hope this is true. I did a $700 online order the other day (including Trypticon) and it finally got shipped last night. So don't particularly want to now wait over a week for my stuff to arrive from Melbourne. Went to BigW last night to get some scraps that I wanted like voyager Optimus and some Black Series.

Checked out Eastland this morning and there were only like 5 on the shelf. And last I checked before I left, there was only 3 left. Don't think they will last past lunch time. They are on the top most shelf in the Transformers aisle back where the TVs are.

I'll be going again at lunchtime because silly me bought a 3DS game and paid for it at the self-serve counter and totally forgot to collect the game and guide from the counter. So if anyone wants me to put a Trypticon on hold, better let me know.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!