View Poll Results: TF3 : DotM - worth watching?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • excellent, must see

50 43.86%
  • good, see if you can

35 30.70%
  • average

22 19.30%
  • disappointing, avoid it

7 6.14%
Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Review - Transformers 3 : Dark of the Moon (spoilers)

Watched it last night. I enjoyed the first half of the movie because I could relax and understand what was unfolding. The humor was tolerable.

The 2nd half, with the battle in Chicago. it felt like it dragged on and the action was cut into pieces divided between different groups, eg. soldiers on the ground, soldiers parachuting in, decepticon aerial patrols, shockwave and the worm beast, Optimus prime a weapon of mass destruction! Sentinel prime giving orders and back again to the soldiers, and so on. Then bang Abrupt ending. I didn't really enjoy the 2nd half, I felt like I have seen it before in the recent movie Battle for LA cause it just feels so generic.

To many action scenes as some were just unneccessary. An aftermath would have made this movie tons better.

I thought the big Decepticon Spaceship over Chicago looked like Jetfire's head.
    For an acting virgin... Rosie did quite well, projecting the necessary expressions and feelings her character needed (except when talking to Megatron).

If anyone has access to the three comics (Rising Storm, Foundation and the Movie Adaptation), do read them... all of them. The first two may not be referred to in the movie, but makes the movie more enjoyable by adding dept to elements in it.
    And the adaptation explains a lot of things in the movie that were fairly vague or not explained at all. PLUS, the original ending has Megatron finding redemption in himself, joining forces with Optimus to defeat Sentinel Prime and consider working together as Brothers again. YES, Megatron was meant to live!!!
    (I did not see that one coming... and I think anyone who read the comic before seeing the movie, would have been surprised as well to see him killed off in the final cut of the movie)

Still hate ROTF but at least DOTM redeems the franchise. Shame it took Bay two goes to get it right

Agree with post above. Went in with no expectations trying to avoid trailers etc, and must say i absolutely creamed myself when shockwave appeared! Coolest moment in cinema history since Blackout first transformed and proceeded to destroy the military base. Upset with Bay killing everything as per usual, the only way i can see this coming back now is the involvemnet of Unicron or the quintessons to bring in galvatron scourge cyclonus etc. A few more jets and some dinobots, ultra magnus and hot rod wouldn't go astray either. But very happy with Shockwave.

HD said to me they made Carly slutty. And she was delightfully slutty! White everywhere and I was waiting for the white bikini which would have been great.

Much better than #2 and went straight to the point. The ending was abrupt but other than that, thought it was a good movie.

Transformers #4 is certainly going to happen.

I'm still not entirely certain why Optimus killed Megatron. Felt like it came out of nowhere.
    Optimus has come a long way from the first movie.
    Movie 2007: Optimus gives many speeches and doesn't do much else but kill Bonecrusher and get used as a punching bag by Megatron.
    DOTM: Optimus executes Sentinel Prime in what seemed to me cold blood.

It was obvious to me that Rosie was a model from the way she posed but she still held more screen presence and was more believable then miss Fox

Ace is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

i would have liked to have seen a better intro for the wreckers.. trying to avoid spoilers before i saw the film i was hoping the wreckers would be seen racing around a nascar track with bumblebee and sideswipe and and some sick fight scene goes down. oh well!

I was so devo when ironhide got raped by sentinel! I would have loved to have seen more involvement with ratchet, maybe even a scene where he and Q work together repairing something damaged due to a prior fight scene. We never actually get to see ratchet doing somthing awesome, or at least, what his role was meant to be.. a medic.

Seeing the film for a second time made me appreciate it more than i already did. I saw it in a lesser quality cinema (my opinion) than the first time and i was sad when it came to the end.

The franchise could totally go for a Transformers 4 and 5! or the old "one movie split in to two"
    Movie 4: Definately stealing from the original animated movie, but rescue damaged/offline decepticons use their sparks in new bodies (enter cyclonus and sweeps) possibly soundwave to soundblaster? Unicron being master of course, searches for megatrons spark as well as sentinels and combines to create galvatron. Ultra Magnus, dyno bots, blaster small faction arrive on earth.

Movie 5: When Ultra magnus and co hear of new threat and impending doom they contact other survivors (Kup, Springer - other half of wreckers as well as new young gun hot rod!) anyways optimus goes down somehow, or isnt enough to beat galvatron alone so rodimus prime powers up by matrix power being divided into him and optimus. Optimus, Rodimus and Magnus lead a whole crew of awesomeness against Unicron and the decepticons.

Sigh, how cool would that be?

Love it Ace sounds great. Would definately be a way to tie Nimoys voice from S Prime to Galvatron which is what i was having trouble connecting. Man Sentinel Prime was awesome i was actually shattered when he turned on the Autobots, how could a prime do that?

Ace is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

thanks dude! yeh i was bummed with the evil streak, although it was more of a shaded grey area.

p.s. did anyone else pick up the "more than meets the eye" tune played by laserbeak as a faulty printer?

Im grateful that Bay has given us another TF movie but for the end of such an epic-scaled trilogy that has touched so many surely Bay could have made it end less abruptly and have a more sincere ending. It does sound corny but it would have been a nice sendoff for fans and crew/cast of the tf franchise.