Page 153 of 211 FirstFirst ... 133143148149150151152153154155156157158163173 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 2103

Thread: Non-toy Acquisitions

SGB is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Three animation cels from Vytor: The Stafire Champion.

Got 2 pairs of Adidas Superstar shoes for about $170 AUS. one pair retails in foot locker out here for 129AUD =D
    ~

Two The Simpsons comics
    He-Man and the Masters of the Universe -- Complete Collection DVD

Finally got me a pair of infrareds. Very happy

Heh they look cool. Though too bright for me to wear

Does that clear plastic light up does it?

Soniq QPB302B blu-ray player from JB Hi-Fi for $99. A surprisingly decent unit. I purchased it solely because it's blu-ray (and DVD) region settings can be changed by remote, allowing me to play any Region A BD discs.

If anyone wants to purchase this unit for the same reason I did, make sure that the serial number's first seven digits are P36TF5B. Research I did last night showed that units that starts with any other serial numbers (apart from P36TF5C allegedly) don't allow the region settings to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by SGB View Post
    Soniq QPB302B blu-ray player from JB Hi-Fi for $99. A surprisingly decent unit. I purchased it solely because it's blu-ray (and DVD) region settings can be changed by remote, allowing me to play any Region A BD discs.

If anyone wants to purchase this unit for the same reason I did, make sure that the serial number's first seven digits are P36TF5B. Research I did last night showed that units that starts with any other serial numbers (apart from P36TF5C allegedly) don't allow the region settings to be changed.
    Thanks for the tip. Not a bad price for the unit. Something we are looking at when the time comes to upgrade our TV and player units.

But I'm sure there would be a way of making it region free. My dad found a site that unlocks any DVD player (well probably not all, but most) and there is probably a website for Bluray by now. But I could be wrong. Haven't been looking for them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Thanks for the tip.
    No problem. Only downside is for the blu-ray region settings you'll need to change it each time you load a different region blu-ray disc. That's a small price to pay though.

But I'm sure there would be a way of making it region free. My dad found a site that unlocks any DVD player (well probably not all, but most) and there is probably a website for Bluray by now. But I could be wrong. Haven't been looking for them yet.
    My research shows that the BD region settings on most blu-ray players can't be changed without physical modification to the hardware. Pretty unfortunate.

Three He-Man and one She-Ra animation cels.

Teddy Bear from affectionate.com.au for a lady friend

JVC Everio G 60GB Camcorder from Dick Smiths - $229