Thread: BotCon Custom Class toy - BM Blastcharge

Default BotCon Custom Class toy - BM Blastcharge

From the first of two custom classes today...

Beast Machines Blastcharge - using the Warpath mould, that is already being used for the Strika toy (and it's new head).

This is what the toy looks like without paint (I painted the feet treads black though)... and the stickers it comes with.
    Plus, a flag/sticker and flagpole...

I will post up the rest of my pics after botcon, so check out some of the global fansites for more photos... if Doubledealer or PaulAgnew don't post up any photos first. (we were all in there today)

(I didn't paint the rest of my toy, because I didn't want to wreck it)

Not bad, glad you were finally able to get into a custom class
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Quote Originally Posted by CHILENO20 View Post
    Not bad, glad you were finally able to get into a custom class
    Plus one. About time!

AWESOME! I'm only a little bit jealous. no make that a lot. you should get in with the paint Griffin, make it yours, afterall, that's the point of the custom class.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Yeah... it was a tough call, which is why I painted a half of the treads before finally deciding that it was better to have a good looking toy done by someone else, than having a "crayon colour" mess that was done by me.
    When I did a few model kits years ago, I'd end up ruining them when I painted them. I don't want to risk it with a rare Transformers toy.
    At least I can still say I built it, and did some of the paint work.

But just getting the experience of the Custom Class after 9 years of them doing Custom Classes... is reward enough.
    And it was good to see at least half of the people raising their hands when the class was asked who was here for the first time.

Not a bad figure to get a custom class for either, lots of paint apps already done and looks decent with little to no additional paint.

Plus it makes it a rare variant too!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

This was such a brilliant experience, it was great to see Griffin again (who also kindly helped me assemble the tricky shoulder missile - Thanks again!) and the process of making the toy was pure fun. The staff were a laugh too and really helpful, they made the experience even better. My favourite part was when a kid to my right said: "Does the person that builds the toy the fastest get to work in one of Hasbro's factories in China?" Cheeky whippersnapper! Like Griffin I too didn't paint mine (at all). The staff informed us that they only use airbrushes when the toy has large surface area to paint (such as those found on a car), as such our only choice was to paint with paint brushes. No thanks, I'll wait until I get home and can use my Iwata airbrush. Seriously though guys/girls, you must go to one of these...!

Forgot to mention - they wanted to have as an exclusive accessory, a moulded flag pole, but could only get four... so raffled them off. (and the rest of us got ones to build)

The bio of the character can be seen here.