Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Hall of Fame awards

i believe that all the gen1 main character should be in there .... Can't believe the seeker are not in there yet?
    so my vote be
    skywarp
    thundercracker
    sunstorm
    laserbeak
    ravage

Prowl
    Sideswipe
    Swindle

The correct answer is "Lugnut".

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    The correct answer is "Lugnut".
    I was thinking he or Bulkhead would be good nominations, but they have not really been around long enough to get serious votes ahead of the mainly G1 field!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Y'all should vote for Sky-Byte. It's what Sky-Byte would want.

Some more details, noting that the initial round of fansite submissions (not ours, as this is an "American" International vote) ends this Thursday - so was just a week.

It also mentions that the 2 winning characters would be announced at Hasbro's panel on the Saturday of Botcon... not at any after-hours event.
    I hope that it isn't true, as it would make the concept a lot less significant if they don't have it be a part of a dinner or semi-official function like the previous three years.
    I guess if this was a last-minute thing by Hasbro, it meant FunPub couldn't organise anything (with 5 weeks to go) around their current convention schedule.

I only just found this - the official Transformers site has a page on the current Hall of Fame inductees, both human and robot. Unfortunately, it only has the first two years, so wasn't updated with last year's winners.

Those can be found at tfwiki though.

Robots:
    Rampage (BW)
    Rattrap
    Thundercracker
    Ultra Magnus

People:
    Frank Welker
    Geoff Senior
    Hidetsugu Yoshioka

I was trying to figure out what fansites are actually invited to participate in the nominations round.
    Aside from the big three (TFW, Seibertron and Tformers), if the Collector Club has their forums back up yet, they would be an obvious fourth.

Those I would understand being big enough to be "international", although the Collector Club messageboard wasn't ever really big, it was expected to be "international".

Other sites I found that Hasbro America contacted/invited...
    TFViews - has just over 100 members, with very minimal traffic in its 4 & 1/2 years. (we have double that who are active here at least once a week)
    Allspark - a long-running site that used to be fairly significant with its membership and traffic... but looking at the board stats, we appear to be similarly sized/active.
    Unicron - a fairly small site these days, with most of the posts being done by one person.
    Cybertron.ca - still part of North America... and is part of the TFW family (it split away from TFW to focus on Canadian fans).
    Toymania - a very small community, with just 12 topics replied to in the last month.
    tfwiki - unknown size due to its nature, but isn't an interaction site, so isn't likely to have more than a core group of regular contributors.

I think if they want this to be a fan-vote of an international brand, maybe they'd include some European and Asian communities.
    It's a pity that the Collector Club and Hasbro just seem to focus on North America when it comes to Transformers, and ignore the rest of the world.

Hey... they included a Canadian forum! That's international! (remember that Major League Baseball's so-called "World" Series is entirely North American (and Canada only started playing in 1992, before then the world series was played entirely by teams from the United States (but still called the World Series )). I'm expecting UltraMarginal to correct me if I'm wrong on this. (;

'Murica.