Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photo cube

Default Photo cube

After months of scouring the interwebs and photo places for light tents and finding nothing suitable I decided to make my own.
    It had to be a decent size, sturdy, collapsible, easy to set up, and allow plenty of light in.

Initial drawing.

Voila! Made with laser cut semi-opaque acrylic sheet. I made some small tabs to lock the panels in place by just swiveling.

I have to change my lights to daylight bulbs and funds permitting upgrade to a better camera but I think it's a success. I've tweaked the images a bit with photoshop because of that.

On to the pics!

oh wow thats cool!! i want one

Holy.... Professional as!
    Can you send us the CAD files + material specs? :P

Very nice! How much did it cost all up? Where did you get it cut?

Great idea! Very inspiring.
    Latest Acquisitions: Metroplex
    Incoming: ROTF Buster Optimus Prime; FP Defender, Insecticons
    Needs List: Alternity Cliffjumper; TF Prime Bulkhead, Skyquake, Vehicons; Classics Sky Shadow, Junkheap

Cheers guys. The pics are still not where I want them to be but that's down to the lighting and camera.
    I designed it for 6mm sheet, which in hindsight was a little bit too thick. It's sturdy but heavy. I think 4 or 5mm would be optimal but the drawing needs to be adjusted if using different thicknesses. Colour is opal white.
    I got it cut at absoluteplastics.com.au, not cheap at around $400 but better than some places quoting $950
    I think using thinner sheet would make it cheaper (and lighter).

h o m e dot e x e t e l dot com dot au slash leducly slash frosted dot pdf

Awesome gamblor, so did you have to buy the stuff first and send it to them or do these guys have the material and cut it for you?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Material and shipping included.

That's great!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    Cheers guys. The pics are still not where I want them to be but that's down to the lighting and camera.
    I designed it for 6mm sheet, which in hindsight was a little bit too thick. It's sturdy but heavy. I think 4 or 5mm would be optimal but the drawing needs to be adjusted if using different thicknesses. Colour is opal white.
    I got it cut at absoluteplastics.com.au, not cheap at around $400 but better than some places quoting $950
    I think using thinner sheet would make it cheaper (and lighter).

h o m e dot e x e t e l dot com dot au slash leducly slash frosted dot pdf
    Apart from the cost of the materials, I could get this cut for free potentially (I'd have to get permission to use the laser cutters at uni, seeing as I used them + the 3d printers last year I'm hoping I'd be able to get it).
    Could we get the schematics? (I may get one done for me) :P