Thread: Terry Pratchett (Author of Discworld series) is dead

Unhappy Terry Pratchett (Author of Discworld series) is dead

“Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”
    ~ Going Postal
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

A real shame. The world is a poorer place without him
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Wow that sad to hear....I haven't read any of his books yet but i got them on my self , just need to found the time to read them .... I was introduced to him through the Discworld adventure game ....I just loved that game , funny as hell ... played it so many years ago now , and just loved the world he imagined ....

I've got every Discworld book and a lot of them I have had to replace because I read them so many times I destroyed them (Interesting Times, Going Postal, The Last Continent etc). And one of my sons favorite bedtime books is "Where's My Cow".

The last few books sadly were faily poor compared to his earlier works, due to his sickness overtaking both mind and body. It's a credit to him that he kept writing though, even though in the last few years all he could do was dictate.

If there is anyone who has not read it, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND "Good Omens" which Pratchett co-authored. It is a fantastic read (and even has a few Transformer references in it) and I'd love to see it made into a movie.

RIP Terry - thanks for providing some of the few books that the clever humor contained within would have me bursting out laughing like an idiot on trains. The world is a less interesting place without you