View Poll Results: Timelines Grabuge - worth getting?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • A great update of Ruckus - hells yes!

4 66.67%
  • Only if a member of the TFCC

1 16.67%
  • Only if...

1 16.67%
  • Na

0 0%
  • Hope this goy gets wrecked in a demolition derby!

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - TFSS Grabuge

Default Toy Review - TFSS Grabuge

Series - Timelines
    Sub-line – TFSS 4.0
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - Redeco of CW Off-Road
    Wave - 1 (Second figure of the service)
    Released here - Nope
    Approximate Retail Price - US$50 + Shipping
    Approximate Size - 15cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Ute
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Combiner limb
    Main Colours – Yellow, Purple, Blue
    Main Accessories - Axe, Combiner fist/foot

Robot mode
    Nicely proportioned, nice colours and they didn’t even need to bother with a new headsculpt since Off-Road was originally going to be Ruckus. I think the axe is a good choice for Ruckus – sorry – Grabage.

You can sorta balance his cannon in his backpack as a reminder of his Triggercon heritage but it doesn’t really work.

Vehicle Mode
    A shame that Beachcomber did not crop up in Combiner Wars as it would have nice to see Ruckus – sorry – Grabuge – done as a Dune Buggy rather than a ute, however it’s still a good choice for the character. The colour scheme is nice, though they have what were relatively small stickers on the original Ruckus into a major part of the colour scheme of the back of the ute here. Still, the paintjobt is pretty good considering that many the G1 Decepticons from 87 onwards had pretty awful colour schemes and the original Ruckus is part of that era. Attaching the cannons in the tray of the ute somewhat gives a shout out to his Triggercon origins.

Transformation
    I doubt there is a member on this site that doesn’t know how to do CW characters with their optics closed by now.

Overall
    You almost feel a tad cheated after getting Needlenose as the first character. Instead of a jet with two Targetmaster partners you get a ute with an axe. However Grabage is nicely done and makes me actively look forward to the rest of the 4.0

That mould really works well as Ruckus.

Grabuge (say "grah-bewj") is French for 'ruckus'. I'm assuming that they were unable to register "Decepticon Ruckus" as a trademark... I wonder if they had issues with other English synonyms (e.g. Fray, Upheaval, Turmoil, Dissent, Riot etc.) before needing to resort to using a non-English name, or if they just wanted to immediately go for a French name. Although using non-English names, even ones that are hybrids of different languages, is not unheard of in Transformers (e.g. Optimus Prime, Megatron, Ultra Magnus, Omega Supreme, Superion, Victorion etc.).

Heh just as I'm reading this review I get the notification he's waiting for my at the post office. Will post my thoughts tonight.

I rather like this toy as OffRoad and can see the Ruckus in there, but man, something about those colours, or the blend of them somehow makes this look bad IMO.

I do like the bonnet decals, but the massive whack of beige all over his chest and the way the paint is for vehicle mode is just...
    Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

Grabuge (say "grah-bewj") is French for 'ruckus'. .
    That's pretty cool! Are there any other TFs with names that aren't English or Japanese that have been released in the US/UK/AUS?

Ok picked him up after work today and had a little play.

Shoulder joints were really stiff at first - one arm popped off. Chest is a little bland being one colour, sure it matches the G1 version, but a bit of purple wouldn't go astray.

His head and knee shock absorbers are definitely based on the original - pretty cool that Funpub managed to bring Ruckus back to the mould initially designed for him.

Paint job's not as nice as Needlenose imo (I'm still a sucker for shiny) but still works alright.

Looking forward to the rest.

EDIT: Voted "Only if TFCC member" as he's probably too expensive on the secondary market

I voted "Only if..." <---only if I happen to get the opportunity to buy one at a relatively cheap price. Unlikely though it may be.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    That's pretty cool! Are there any other TFs with names that aren't English or Japanese that have been released in the US/UK/AUS?
    Answered in the Random TF Thoughts thread.

Considering his wetsuit/surf label colour scheme, it would be awesome to create a surfboard that doubles as a weapon attachment for this guy. Kind of like the Kiss Players Optimus.
    Last edited by shockNwave; 26th June 2016 at 06:57 PM.