Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New JP toys for Feb-Mar 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Do you think MB-19 Hound (and MB-18 and MB-20) might be TLK toys? I don't think I've seen the TLK Hound turn up as a Japanese version yet and the 18 and 20 would be referring to TLK incarnations.
    Yes, MB-19 Hound is the TLK Hound toy, but with a new accessory that bulks up the vehicle mode.

Yet more stock images of the Legends. How many stock images do you need to sell a few toys???

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...egatron/39540/

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I wonder which Targetmaster is going to be with Windblade?

They are putting Blurr's partner Haywire with Doublecross so maybe Scourge's partner Fracas will be with Windblade.

I really need to more details on G2 Metatron before I commit.

Unless I can find a full set of Hasbro Autobot and Decepticon twins from ebay at a good price I'll be getting the Destron Clone set for sure.
    Judging by the HLJ stock photos, it actually looks like she's been paired with Pinpointer.

As for G2 Megatron, damn! Not only did they make his headmaster BW Megatron, but they recoloured Fangry's beast into a Noble Savage homage!

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Yet more stock images of the Legends. How many stock images do you need to sell a few toys???

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...egatron/39540/
    Quite a few it seems, if you go to the TT Transformers Legends site, there is a 3d turnaround thingamajigger so you can have a good look.

While I must admit I am disappointed that G2 Megs is the Blitzwing bod, I am impressed at how different they made him look with folding the wings away and other little transform-changes. Well played TT, well played

I don't want him, BUT I TOTALLY WANT HIM

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    While I must admit I am disappointed that G2 Megs is the Blitzwing bod
    I'm surprised you weren't expecting it. Given that Megatron was released by Hasbro as a precolour of Blitzwing, I figured everyone would have taken this being a Blitzwing recolour as a given.

I was expecting them to use the Combiner Wars Leader Megatron, because the Legends line doesn't stay exclusively to the current Hasbro theme.
    I think the tank mode of the CW Megatron would look better as a Gen2 tank Megatron, as it doesn't have jet parts all over it... and G2/BWN Megatron didn't have a jet mode, so having one on this toy doesn't look right (as a homage toy).
    Besides... I would have preferred the green camo deco, as it is more familiar (to us westerners).

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I was expecting them to use the Combiner Wars Leader Megatron, because the Legends line doesn't stay exclusively to the current Hasbro theme.
    I think the tank mode of the CW Megatron would look better as a Gen2 tank Megatron, as it doesn't have jet parts all over it... and G2/BWN Megatron didn't have a jet mode, so having one on this toy doesn't look right (as a homage toy).
    Besides... I would have preferred the green camo deco, as it is more familiar (to us westerners).
    It doesn't have to be the current theme, but the only reason someone would think it wasn't going to be from the current theme/moulds was wishful thinking. Certainly, recent exclusives have gone back as far as 2006 in their mould usage (eg Magna Convoy), however the designation of the figure was LG63, not LG-EX, meaning that it wasn't an exclusive, but a mainstream release. The fact is that as of Hardhead (LG20), all mainstream releases in the Transformers Legends line have come from current moulds and this figure is being released before the release of Power of the Primes; with this figure being the 44th figure in a line where the 43 previous figures were all current moulds, there was every reason to predict that this would be a Titans Return mould. Furthermore, in the current moulds, the most appropriate fit for Megatron is the Blitzwing mould. As such, G2 Megatron was in all probability, always going to be a reuse of the Blitzwing mould.

Furthermore while I understand your feelings about the colour scheme from a Western perspective, this choice is the ideal choice for the Japanese market. After all, whilst Western Markets not only got 2 different G2 Megatrons and in the case of EU/AUS, Combat Hero Megatron wasn't even released as "Megatron", in Japan, Combat Hero Megatron was the only G2 Megatron figure to be released. Certainly the G2 Megatron which western audiences think of was released in Japan, however it was released as Megastorm, meaning that the colour choice which would be most familiar to Western audiences, would be the completely wrong fit for a Japanese market based G2 Megatron homage.

Wasn't potential pre-orders for Legends CW Megatron dropped due to lack of sales? TT wouldn't risk that financial bungle

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    I'm surprised you weren't expecting it. Given that Megatron was released by Hasbro as a precolour of Blitzwing, I figured everyone would have taken this being a Blitzwing recolour as a given.
    I was expecting it to be honest, which is why I am disappointed. TT don't always follow Hasbro and since they had already done Blitzwing, I was rather hoping they would've done something else.
    I didn't think they'd use that one, as unless it's a direct reissue, it might be to close to the original release and using the green colour, would possibly look like Armada Megatron.

Someone online mentioned a Reverse Convoy idea and considering the head situation, I thought that was a nifty it of thinking. I'd love a reverse Convoy character in the legends line.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I was expecting it to be honest, which is why I am disappointed. TT don't always follow Hasbro and since they had already done Blitzwing, I was rather hoping they would've done something else.
    In comparison, I love it. The Voyager TR Megatron was mainly let down by bad paint apps, whilst this has corrected that in spades. I also feel that in going with the Triple Changer mould, there is sort of an homage to Megatron's Fusion Tank which transformed from tank to jet.