Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: TFs Q/C problems archive (already damaged in the packaging)

some of mine are
    Galaxyforce Green F1 mini-con with the head on backwards
    Classics Prime with two right fists
    Henkei Ramjet with unpainted crotch
    Encore Swerve who can't stand up

and plenty of crappy paint apps on many figs!

I have been pretty happy with the QC on ROTF toys so far. I only had a few very minor problems but all have been fixed easily so I won't list them. Below is one that I cannot fix (but still one that I can live with). Two wiskers on my Jetfire had a moulding error and are shorter than the rest. I know I'm nitpicking here.

My Jetfire's head is really wobbly and moves from side to side. Is it ment to be like that?
    "Ding-a-ling, come out and get yo ice cream. Any bad robot out there better get ready for an ass-whoopin" - Skids and Mudflap

I think so.

well my arm on dune runner snapped for with no force what so ever!!!

ANYONE WANT A DUNE RUNNER $10

You mean a broken Dune Runner for $10? Why don't you return it for a full refund. You are entitled.

Default the Quality Concerns thread

This thread is for the discussion of any kind of quality concerns regarding a Transformer product.

Here's my latest story...

Product: Hasbro's Universe Hot Shot.
    Concern: Rear left panel; miscoloured fenders, lack of detail on licence plate

Photos:

The toy should have a blue-green fender all around the car mode. However for some odd reason the fender bits are silver on the rear right panel. Furthermore, the licence plate which I believe should read "JAAM" is blank on the right hand side (so it just says "JA ").

Another anomaly but I don't know if it's just with my toy or common with all of them is a distinct gap located underneath the right side of the licence plate. The fact that this gap is absent on the left side does break up symmetry and gives the toy a bad look.

Unfortunately this toy was acquired overseas so bringing it back to the store for an exchange is out of the question. So unless Hasbro Australia decides to release the toy here, there's not much I can do... guess I'm now the proud owner of a freak variant?

Looks almost as if the mis-coloured part is from a Henkei one. That would explain the gap at least
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    the fender bits are silver on the rear right panel. Furthermore, the licence plate which I believe should read "JAAM" is blank on the right hand side
    I had a look at my one Gok and mine's coloured the uniform greenish blue all around and the number plate reads JAAM as it's supposed to.

a distinct gap located underneath the right side of the licence plate.
    The gap is the same on both sides of mine... looks like your one is missing a piece or something?

Hmm... maybe your one was made at Beer O'clock on a Friday arvo?

Um... that's really weird. That's a Universe Hot Shot that's been assembled with a part from the Henkei version. It would ordinarily say 'ROD' on the blank half of the number plate, so yours would have said 'JAROD' if it were painted. The gap under the licence plate is a result of the two different mould designs:

BTW, I believe there's already a thread for this sort of thing here: http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...893#post111893