Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast

Thread: January '08 Acquisitions

Yeah, like dirge said, those heads look better in that photo than IRL... I think more accurately, they look good when you look at the toys directly head on (no pun intended)... otherwise... yeah... I'm undecided as to whether or not I'll display them with those heads. I'm hoping that the e-Hobby versions will come with cardboard heads too, cos what I'd do is display the e-Hobby ones w/ the heads and the Encores without. Overall I've always liked the original G1 toy look for Ironhide and Ratchet (I know I'm probably the only one in the world who likes toy-accurate Ironhide and Ratchet )

We went to Kings Comics yesterday where I picked up "Transformers Best of UK: Dinobots" issues #1 and #5 (reprints of G1 issues UK#45, 46 ('The Icarus Theory Parts 1-2) and #75-76 ('In the National Interest' Parts 2-3)).

thanks to gamblor for this stuff yesterday

benben2142 Guest

Today I went to nsw and I went to a collecters store they have lots of stuff there but they only had 1 transformer and that was beast wars cheetor transmeatal I picked it up mint for $7 but not complete he has no arms and his missing a tail.

...it's time to tighten up border security.

Waitasecond... you'll refuse to look for a loose complete Streetwise on eBay or consider getting a MOSC Streetwise in favour of a MISB Takara Streetwise just because it comes with a tech specs decoder, but you'll happily scoop up a loose "transmeatal" Cheetor with no arms or tail?!

World Taekwondo Federation?!? (W.T.F.) (o_O)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ...it's time to tighten up border security.

Waitasecond... you'll refuse to look for a loose complete Streetwise on eBay or consider getting a MOSC Streetwise in favour of a MISB Takara Streetwise just because it comes with a tech specs decoder, but you'll happily scoop up a loose "transmeatal" Cheetor with no arms or tail?!

World Taekwondo Federation?!? (W.T.F.) (o_O)
    A "mint" TM Cheetor with no arms or tail
    ________
    Mflb review
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    A "mint" TM Cheetor with no arms or tail
    No comments...

benben2142 Guest

But it was cheap and I loved the chrome on him but I don't know who the hell would lose the arms because If a kid lost the arms then the figure wouldn't be mint but mine is also I bought a encore ironhide and a tm reissue of optimus primal of hlj but it said the order will be taken on 14th of Jan and that they will e-mail me to comfirme on that date.

benben, please use periods "." and commas "," in the above post. It is very difficult to read. Thank you.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by benben2142
    If a kid lost the arms then the figure wouldn't be mint but mine is
    ...that doesn't make sense to me. On one hand you're agreeing that a figure without arms wouldn't be mint... but then saying that yours - which in your previous post you said you got with no arms or tail - is mint? I... don't get it. Are you suggesting that it's still mint because you weren't the one to lose the arms and tail?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . (o_O)

this is the best reasoning i can come up with for bens post ( i dont even know what the toy looks like, so im probably wrong, but hey, i may as well try to make sense of one post from ben ):
    If a kid lost the arms then the figure wouldn't be mint
    To lose the arms would have required some force, and therefore damage to the bot's chrome is inevitable.

but mine is
    However, though his bot has lost his arms, the chrome is still in mint condition.

Henceforth, the bot may not be complete, but what part of it he does have is actually looking quite minty

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------