Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182333 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot Toys and other 1/6 scale figures!

Enterbay Jordan

Lancalot - yeah, they're not the best pictures In all seriousness, I had considered getting a new body for that figure, as the current one is kind of scrawny. Don't know if I will, though...

Millhouse: If you wanted, I suppose you could get the grenade launcher and Gatling gun from the DX Arnold loose and put them on your MMS T2 Arnold (you'd probably need the gloved hands meant for holding the Gatling gun as well). I'd also like to get a new Kyle Reese or a new Hicks if HT get to make them - at least one of those two Michael Biehn characters

Gamblor: Nice acquisition! Is that box actually signed by Jordan?

got my Grail.. Custom Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Gamblor: Nice acquisition! Is that box actually signed by Jordan?
    I wish! No it's printed.

My Superman Gallery:
    http://kalelreviews.wordpress.com/20...w-and-gallery/

Video will be added soon.

Here's a preview:

Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Default Kal El Reviews: Hot Toys MMS152 Superman

Video Review of Hot Toys MMS152 Superman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dckp...O7P6ta0oxNwf9Q

For me, the figure is perfect. Christopher Reeve as Superman in the superman movie series was awe inspiring as a child and still is as an adult. I must have watched Superman 1+2 hundreds of times over the past 20 years and still enjoy every minute, in fact I'm writing this review as I was Superman 2 - The Richard Donner cut.

So that brings me to Hot Toys. Their perfect recreation of Superman, played by the late Christopher Reeve. The likeness of this sculpt and tailoring is impeccable, even the boots look amazing. From ever angle this figure is undoubtedly Christopher Reeve as Superman. A true masterpiece living up to the lines name.

Now enough of the gushing for now, the figure has very few issues. But they can be quite annoying. The suit is very accurate, that being said the stretchy type of material is very prone to 'runs' and any stray threads should be carefully trimmed and not pulled. Also on my copy of the figure the head comes off very easily as the ball joint is loose. This is 50/50 with this figure. The only other 'issue' is that without the use of a hair dryer to soften the materials the fortress of solitude stand can be quite difficult to assemble.

The Box for the figure is a great display piece and is fairly large, inside of it are the standard clam shell containers. The accessory count is fairly low, which is fine. He comes with two additional sets of fully sculpted and painted hands, a standard hot toys black base with name plate and movie logo and The diorama Fortress of Solitude base which looks fantastic and doubles as a flight stand.

Articulation is great, double jointed knees and elbows. The body is a muscular body with the rubber neck, the neck and upper torso are well painted to match the hands and head sculpt. That being said you should be careful when moving the head not to scrape the paint off the neck. The cape is also somewhat pose-able as it has a small wire throughout it's edge. It is quite emotive but gravity can make it difficult for some positions.

Overall whether a superman fan or not, the figure is clearly one of Hot Toys finest and in my opinion a must have of any Superman fan. It also looks great next to the newly released 'Evil Superman' figure from Superman 3 (Reviewing soon).

If you have the opportunity to pick it up, I can't recommend it more

Enjoy the review and photos.

I dedicate this review to Christopher Reeve. A Childhood Hero.

Full Gallery here:
    http://kalelreviews.wordpress.com/20...w-and-gallery/

Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

He looks amazing , just as I remember him ...but the only let down is the custom and the material they used....

Iron Man Mark XXI – Midas
    But the site not shipping to Aus

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectib...anMidas_120213

Thumbs up

Awesome shots, Kal. That figure is something else
    Christopher Reeve will always be my favourite

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Awesome shots, Kal. That figure is something else
    Christopher Reeve will always be my favourite
    Thank you
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton