Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Maz's Articles & Reviews

These guys are phenomenal. An impulse bid on a minty MIB Doublecross helped reignite my interest in G1. The transformations on these three are so satisfying. I also love the colour choice - each one is unique, but they work together surprisingly well as a cohesive unit.

Maz is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default Top 5 Purchases of 2015

Without any sort of hesitation or doubt, I can gladly cite 2015 as the year with the most impressive official and unofficial Transformers releases that I have ever experienced. In previous years for my Top 5 of the year article, I have not just included purchases of toys released in that year, but also vintage figures that I may have purchased, but I just cannot afford to do that this year if I want to stick to any semblance of a top 5. TakaraTomy, Hasbro, FansToys, MakeToys, MMC, BadCube, DX9, Unique Toys and co have put out a quite unbelievable range of figures in 2015.

Top 5 Purchases of 2015 | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

All the best
    Maz

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    As we say in Australia: "That's not a Transformers museum, this is a Transformers museum"
    A Collector Interview with Griffin would be pretty cool...

Liegeprime got an interview, I think Griffin the Boss Bot should have his museum shared with the rest of the world and online community

I have asked Griffin. He has all the necessary paperwork, just waiting on when he has time to put it together

Meanwhile, for today's interview...

I often meet new collectors during these interviews and form friendships as we go through the process, but every now and again I get the special opportunity to interview someone I consider a friend. I have known Gordon Yip for many years, and have stared in awe as his collection of unique and ridiculously rare pre-Transformers grew over a decade and more. Finally, Gordon moved into a home worthy of housing a display for his toys, and he can finally share with us his wisdom and his one of a kind collection. While Gordon’s isn’t the biggest or most complete pre-TF collection I know of, it is my favourite. What Gordon has, most of us will never see again, let alone own. It’s always the icing on the cake when the man behind the collection is a wonderful person, and they do not make them more wonderful, generous or selfless than Gordon Yip. Enjoy.

Collector Interview 44 – Gordon Yip | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

All the best
    Maz

Some super mint and rare pieces there. Best example of quality over quantity I have ever seen!

That is a beautiful collection! There is certainly a lot of effort gone into it.

The display casing is glorious.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Default MP-14C Masterpiece Clampdown

The Transformers Masterpiece line by Takara Tomy has, to my eternal happiness, continued with the Diaclone homages and MP-14C Clampdown is the latest in that sub-line. This police car version of the Lamborghini New Countach LP500S Autobot Sideswipe was originally a Takara Diaclone figure from 1983, the original inspiration for what would later become the Autobot Fire Chief "Red Alert". Coming full circle after all this time, Clampdown is in fact designated MP-14C, meaning it is a direct repaint of MP-14 Red Alert. The first time the Diaclone New Countach was given Transformers form as "Clampdown" was the E-Hobby exclusive reissue repaint, alongside "Deep Cover". Let's have a look at how the recently released Masterpiece version stacks up.

All this and more, a mini MP Clampdown review and article

Square One: Masterpiece MP-14C Clampdown

All the best
    Maz