Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Gobots finally making a return?

Good to see tears still in the pipeline!
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    It's gobots in my country. Never heard of machine men on TV.
    It's a long story, but there's a reason why it was called GoBots in the US and Machine Men here in Australia (actually the line was originally Machine Men in the US too, before Tonka got invloved).

But none of these new designs are based on characters from GoBots... they're from Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos, which is completely different. Blue Jet (aka Fitor) and Rod Drill (aka Screwhead) are two of the main characters

Hey those look pretty cool.

Will they have more creative names this time around, instead of stuff like Cop-Tur?

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Lol, the Robo names are actually worse... and there might not be a Cop-Tur anyway because he wasn't in Machine Robo: ROC

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    More pics here of this awesome looking Machine Robo line (10 pics in total). The colours look damn fine.
    That's fantastic news. After no news for months, I thought the line was cancelled. The glossy paint scheme is appealing, and I hope that this version of Blue Jet does not 'parts-form' as much as the EM Gokin Fewture version.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

Shot from Wonderfest 2016 (via DaimChoc):

Although the setup looks identical to the Hong Kong setup last year, so i'm not sure if it's from Wonderfest...

I'm so keen for some of these

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    They actually look better in design than the mp car line I have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I reckon your best bet is to order these toys online as soon as they're available for preorder. Given that Hasbro now owns the rights for Gobots, I'm not sure how likely it'd be that these toys would see a Western release, as Hasbro may not want to undermine Transformers by competing with itself. Although it would certainly be possible for Hasbro to consider releasing some of these toys as part of the Transformers line itself. Hasbro doesn't seem bound to only release Takara moulds, as G1 saw several non-Takara figures (e.g. Jetfire, Deluxe Autobots, Sky Lynx, Omega Supreme, Deluxe Insecticons etc.).

But I reckon it'd be unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I reckon your best bet is to order these toys online as soon as they're available for preorder. Given that Hasbro now owns the rights for Gobots, I'm not sure how likely it'd be that these toys would see a Western release, as Hasbro may not want to undermine Transformers by competing with itself. Although it would certainly be possible for Hasbro to consider releasing some of these toys as part of the Transformers line itself. Hasbro doesn't seem bound to only release Takara moulds, as G1 saw several non-Takara figures (e.g. Jetfire, Deluxe Autobots, Sky Lynx, Omega Supreme, Deluxe Insecticons etc.).

But I reckon it'd be unlikely.
    I intend to slap that preorder button so hard......

The question though is when and where. I've been following these since the prototypes showed up a few years ago. Progress appears to be so slow that it could be another year or next week. Couple that with not knowing how these are going to be released and it makes it ever so slightly frustrating.