Page 42 of 154 FirstFirst ... 223237383940414243444546475262 ... LastLast

Thread: Lego Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    I've ran out of room and am dismantling most of my Lego
    I'll be happy to help you make room
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Great goings with the acquisition. I've ran out of room and am dismantling most of my Lego. Got a few hundred zip lock bags and storage bins and started. Sore fingers prevent me from doing too much at a time. I've had to make room (Thanks to TF figs) and they were gathering way too much dust. Am only leaving my Agents and Mars Mission sets on display. Oh, and the Technics as well, because bugger if I'm going to try an dismantle them.

The indy sets haven't really grabbed me bar the great cars and jeeps. Will check out and see what sets are out.
    I'd say 3/4 of my Legos are in ziplock bags. I go through phases and display whatever happens to be the "in" theme at the time. Like when the new Mars Mission sets came out, my shelf was all Mars Mission. The Agents came out and that became the display item of choice. Now, in order to show a bit more variety, I tend to mix it up so I have say 2 of the best sets from each theme. At the moment though, I've broken that rule and Aqua Raiders and Castle is hogging the limelight. If I had a spare room, I'd set up the ultimate diorama - all my classic space sets mingling with each other *homer drool*.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Newly acquired sets:

Ferrari Finish Line and Scuderia Ferrari Truck

Scuderia Truck in comparison to Agents Truck
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

nice!

The TheCleanKindAndNiceDigger dropped off Vader's Tie Fighter to me today. Thank you, sir!

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    The TheCleanKindAndNiceDigger
    Ahhh my evil arch-nemesis and doppelganger strikes again.
    Damn that handsome villain!

I didn't realize the Scuderia truck was that big! Very nice.

I indulged in some Lego this weekend:

L-R: 8990 - Fero & Skirmix, 8979 - Malum, 8991 - Tuma
    Front: 8977 - Zesk

I'm not the biggest Bionicles fan due to huge disappointments with the one or two I bought the past few years but these hand-picked one's were great.

Zesk is a nice little 4 legger. I love my 4 leggers and this little dude is a lot bigger than I imgained and a top notch looking small set.

Malum is your typical standard Bionicle. Usually the regular Bionicles is pretty sparse in terms of build and armor layers, but this one caught my eye due the heavy armor and large claws, rather than wasting pieces on huge weapons over a skeletally bare robot frame.

Fero & Skirmix is a nice little combo. The picture is a little misleading as the two big ones on the ends are the size of a Leader class transformer figure. Fero (the black rider) is your standard small set bot. Skirmix is a nice Raptor like creature with double jointed leg links and double jointed neck. Also comes with faux suspension for that extra mechanical working look. A great build and what I expect out of Bionicles.

Tuma on the other hand is the best Bionicle set I've ever laid my hands on. The build was fun and interesting, with plenty of layers and links as opposed to the basic limb builds of the regular sets. He has the faux suspensions on the legs and double jointed arm and leg links. He is very tall and looks the part with his black and fluro green scheme. Also nice to see that Bionicle figure now have proper hands.

Might have to try some, Stompy, good reviews. they do look fun but I findthat the parts aren't usable for more of the thinks I'd like to build which is why I avoid them generally
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Bionicle parts are their own thing. Using Technic style pegs and ball joints galore. Cheaper, softer plastic used for the bulky parts (Hasbro grey!!!!) and a build system that is quite difficult to get into. With saying that, there has been some phenomenal MOC pieces out there that baffles my brain, because I for one cannot make a fancy looking one even if I tried.

Plus any MOC's out there just makes me sad. Shows just how crap my creativity is.

Bionicle parts are their own thing. Using Technic style pegs and ball joints galore. Cheaper, softer plastic used for the bulky parts (Hasbro grey!!!!) and a build system that is quite difficult to get into. With saying that, there has been some phenomenal MOC pieces out there that baffles my brain, because I for one cannot make a fancy looking one even if I tried.

Plus any MOC's out there just makes me sad. Shows just how crap my creativity is.
    I agree with you there. I once tried, and gave up, to make a Moc with both System ("normal" Lego) and the Bionicle. I managed to get some legs donw, but failed once I got the torso.
    But when it gets done well, it is freaking awesome.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|