Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Indiana Jones Toys sightings

A little to the left... a little bit more...

I grabbed the new Indiana Jones fig from 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'

I think I'll be getting a few more too... but I'll be "selective"

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    maybe he thought "hehehehe i can give myself a bigger paycheck if i make it all CGI and include some stormtroopers over here and another rolling rock"
    From what I heard, you are not far off. I hope these early reviews are wrong as it sounds too predictable and formulaic, even for 21st Century Hollywood.
    Last edited by kup; 16th May 2008 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    From what I heard, you are not far off. I hope these early reviews are wrong as it sounds too predictable and formulaic, even for 21st Century Hollywood.
    But aren't the Indiana Jones films supposed to be predictable and forumalic like 1940s films (or at least an older era)? I thought that was part of their appeal was that they had a Saturday matinee style?? I've never actually watched any of the films completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    But aren't the Indiana Jones films supposed to be predictable and forumalic like 1940s films (or at least an older era)? I thought that was part of their appeal was that they had a Saturday matinee style?? I've never actually watched any of the films completely.
    Its not Indiana Jones formulaic its Hollywood Formulaic. As in over done CGI, plot twists that don't make sense, bad and obvious rehashes, suspension of believe braking direction and action, etc. But most of all, no heart but commercial.

Again this is second hand information as I got it from a brief 'reaction' review bad it doesn't sound good but my hope is that its wrong (although something tells me its right).

Paulbot - if you only ever watch one, you HAVE to watch Raiders of the Lost Ark!

I like this one because it's basically a series of cliffhangers! The others were too, but Raiders did it best!

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Paulbot - if you only ever watch one, you HAVE to watch Raiders of the Lost Ark!

I like this one because it's basically a series of cliffhangers! The others were too, but Raiders did it best!
    I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't watched any of the 3 Indy movies from start to finish

On this Indy talk, have any of you guys watched this?

i have, channel 10 showed young indiana jones ages ago

i think i saw the dvd boxset recently

I have seen Young Indiana Jones on TV years ago. I didn't like it that much and the tone and style was radically different from the movies to the point that it felt like something else entirely.

I never really got into the TV show either!

the last crusade was on TV on wed (this week)...and tonight, there will be Air Force One..

in terms of figurines, why isn't or can't hasbro produce any figures of the Transformers movie???