Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: so quiet! too quiet! extremely quiet...

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

I'm trying to post a reply in the TF trivia thread & every time I hit submit, it says:

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@otca.com.au and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.5 Server at www.otca.com.au Port 80

Damn You Gremlins!!!

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Yeah - me too! Every post I did yesterday is gone

And yeah, I can't get on tfw2005 either!

TFW is down because the place where their servers are hosted died. hisstank is down as well.

Seems I havent missed much since I have no internets at home (again) and was moving offices from Thursday afternoon!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I wasn't aware of any technical problems here. I do know that tfw2005 has been offline since yesterday, including all its associated sites (which could be pretty bad if they lose all their archived info).
    I'll have a look to see if there is anything wrong going on here, or if it is a net-wide problem. I was always worried that my local server wouldn't be able to cope with the running of this board, but the mass of people reading it during Toyfair should suggest this server can take it.

there has been error messages occurring while trying to send PMs, edit existing posts i guess:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@otca.com.au and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Same as Pulse's

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Haven't had problems PM-ing, but all my posts from yesterday are definitely gone!

hey gazzas

is the sight taking long to load for you too?

I couldn't seem to post in the news section. Have contacted the server host for help, but will have to wait for a response.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Yea, yesterday, or the day before, this site kept on timing out.
    ________
    Gerald c. meyers
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 08:32 AM.

This may help to explain what has happened to TFW20005, Don Murphy, etc:

www.tfw2005.net

It is too much coincidence that posts and stuff have dissapeared since yesterday so the above problem could of affected this board in some sort of fashion. However I can't think of any since this board too would have gone down if it was affected by the explosion not just missing posts and PMs.

I also get Pulse's error everytime I try to post something with the 'http' address.

It also seems that the cause of the electrical failure was an explosion of some kind that knocked down surrounding walls and killed electricity in the whole building.
    This is a quick message to the members of TFW2005.com. The datacenter where TFW2005.com and possibly 10's of thousands of other sites had it's physical server stored had an issue earlier today which took the electricity to the entire building offline. From what we understand there was no damage to the actual servers, just the electrical connection to the facility. As of right now there is no ETA on the site coming back online. So long as this was a purely outside, electrical based issue, it should be anywhere from 24-72 hours. This also affected Hisstank.com and Cybertron.Ca.
    Please pass the word around to those that may care, we will keep everyone updated here. Thanks, see you soon
    Its a bit scary as it kinda shows that the Internet is not invulnerable.
    Last edited by kup; 2nd June 2008 at 02:09 PM.