Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21217181920212223242526273242 ... LastLast

Thread: The Decision Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    He is indeed a pretty ordinary action figure, but he is an incredibly fun Micromaster play set!
    Although at 8000JPY ($86) he's by no means cheap, but I think he's worth it. No idea what aftermarket prices for the reissue would be, let alone for the original G1. The reissue does replace the whites with silver which looks nicer IMHO. The toy on its own has limited play value, but if you already have a collection of other Micromasters and Micromaster playsets, then I would recommend considering it if you can find it at a good price.
    So I should think of him as a Micromaster accessory to justify spending the cash. Sounds much better put like that. The reissue would actually be the cheapest way to get a MISB Micromaster play set and since I've been thinking about getting more Micromaster stuff on and off for a while now I'll go for it. Thanks Gok!

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I'm torn as to if I should get a Star Convoy or not.

On the plus side he's a Prime, on the con side he's another red, white and blue brick. What do you guys think?
    whoaa buddy, he's not just another brick, he's a fast running brick when you turn that thing on. Try to catch him running, you might want to know how fast you can stop him from crashing to a brick wall

Or you could lie him on his tummy and have dual treadmills for Micromasters, Mini-Cons and Cyberverses!

Got an MP Acid Storm. Whether or not this was a wise purchase we'll leave aside for the moment, but I have no particular affinity with the character. My choices:

1. Keep him as is as my 4th MP seeker next to Starscream, Thundercracker and Igear's not-Skywarp.

2. Kitbash him into an MP conehead now (I'm thinking Thrust), which I've definitely got some ideas about. Problem with that is that if I have Thrust, I'll want Dirge and Ramjet too, which means getting another 2 of this mould at some point, which I can't really afford now.

3. Keep him as Acid Storm until such time as I have another 2 of the mould and then do all three at once.

Thoughts? Questions?

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Got an MP Acid Storm. Whether or not this was a wise purchase we'll leave aside for the moment, but I have no particular affinity with the character. My choices:

1. Keep him as is as my 4th MP seeker next to Starscream, Thundercracker and Igear's not-Skywarp.

2. Kitbash him into an MP conehead now (I'm thinking Thrust), which I've definitely got some ideas about. Problem with that is that if I have Thrust, I'll want Dirge and Ramjet too, which means getting another 2 of this mould at some point, which I can't really afford now.

3. Keep him as Acid Storm until such time as I have another 2 of the mould and then do all three at once.

Thoughts? Questions?
    I haven't done a lot of toy modding myself but wouldn't it be hard to go from lime green to the maroon/red that Thrust is? How many coats of primer would you need to stop the green coming through? I wasnt that fussed with him at first but he is growing on me. I'd leave him as Acidstorm

Thoughts? Questions?
    Well with sunstorm coming out you might as well keep him so you can have the rainmaker seekers ..... and now you just have to do a custom bitstream or hotlink Which is a lot more easier then doing a thrust

I'd keep him as is for now. Gives you more time to prototype out a design and also I'm betting customising is going to be a lot easier in a year or two with 3D printing.

Personally I'm holding out for the ability to print all the accessories (like blasters) and replacement heads I want.

Thoughts? Questions?
    I'd sell him & be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I'd sell him & be done with it.
    +1. Unless you want to commit to doing all 3 coneheads (who'd igear already did and they are pretty cool) I'd just sell it.

Or if you wanted to use it for a custom, may I suggest Red Wing? Much easier and less likely to see an official release.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Yeah I'd keep or sell him. I personally love him though, his colors make my day