Page 109 of 195 FirstFirst ... 8999104105106107108109110111112113114119129 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1943

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I have a real bee in my bonnet about fake parts on toys to mimic a character model.
    I know what you mean, but unfortunately it's the result of meeting consumer demand for "skreen akkuracy." If Hasbro just focuses on making the toys and not caring about how they might look on screen (let the animators work that out), then you have fans who complain about the lack of screen "accuracy" despite the fact that the toys were designed/made first. On the other hand, Hasbro can collaborate with animators or directly reverse-engineer a toy from an existing animation model in order to make their toys look more like what you see on screen, but then people complain about compromises made in engineering.

I prefer toys just being made as toys and just letting animators deal with making their animation models toy-accurate, but there is undeniably a sizable demand for screen-likeness in Transformer toys.

I have no issue with faux parts, but... Considering we have had great looking, screen accurate Bayverse Optimus Primes since the ROTF Leader that use the actual truck parts on the chest I don't see the need to use faux parts on one now.

And yes I remember that the 2007 Leader also used the actual truck parts, but it didn't look very screen accurate compared to what followed.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I know what you mean, but unfortunately it's the result of meeting consumer demand for "skreen akkuracy." If Hasbro just focuses on making the toys and not caring about how they might look on screen (let the animators work that out), then you have fans who complain about the lack of screen "accuracy" despite the fact that the toys were designed/made first. On the other hand, Hasbro can collaborate with animators or directly reverse-engineer a toy from an existing animation model in order to make their toys look more like what you see on screen, but then people complain about compromises made in engineering.

I prefer toys just being made as toys and just letting animators deal with making their animation models toy-accurate, but there is undeniably a sizable demand for screen-likeness in Transformer toys.
    Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I have no issue with faux parts, but... Considering we have had great looking, screen accurate Bayverse Optimus Primes since the ROTF Leader that use the actual truck parts on the chest I don't see the need to use faux parts on one now.

And yes I remember that the 2007 Leader also used the actual truck parts, but it didn't look very screen accurate compared to what followed.
    I understand why it happens, especially in Bayverse figures and especially with the passage of time leading to lower parts counts and complexity. Hell, of the six Voyager scale Optimus Prime figures we've had in the movie lines only one has not used fake parts of the chest.

I'm just saying that purely subjectively I'd get about 75% more enjoyment out of the Studio Series Optimus Prime mold if it was re-released as some other truck based Transformer (Motormaster, Thunderclash, Ultra Magnus) with the fake chest windows replaced with an armoured breastplate or something.

I suppose the vibe is very much 'this figure has an intuitive and interesting transformation that produces a well proportioned poseable robot - if they dropped the fake parts at the expense of making it a different character I'd enjoy it more'.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

When it comes to adapting screen first characters I think that there are pros and cons with using and not using faux vehicle kibble. An example of this is Voyager Class TFP Optimus Prime. The First Edition Voyager uses a fake chest kibble but also generally looks nicer and more screen-accurate in robot mode. The TFPRiD Voyager doesn't use a fake chest but is bulkier and arguably more ungainly looking in robot mode. TFPFE Voyager OP looks nicer, but TFPRiD Voyager OP plays better and you can appreciate it more from an engineering/design perspective because they didn't "cheat" by using a fake chest.

Pics for comparison...

L: TFPFE Voyager Prime with the fake chest ←nicer to look at
    R: TFPRiDBH Ultra Magnus (retool of TFPRiD Voy OP of course); no fake chest ←nicer to play with

Galvatran Guest

*snip* fake chest ←nicer to look at
    I agree

*snip* no fake chest ←nicer to play with
    I disagree

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    I disagree
    Buahahahahahaha!!!!!!
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

I'm getting to the point where I'm feeling really over it with the MP line.

Yeah we are getting great cartoon accurate MP figures, but for the same amount of money I can get far more CHUG figures in my lineup than I can MPs.

I'm thinking when Takara get around to revealing the next non-repaint MP figures I'm going to have a choice to make as to if I continue with the line or not. Much as I'd love to have for instance a MP Trailbreaker he would probably come in at $100+ and I don't know that I I'd put my love for the character at any more than about $50.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I'm getting to the point where I'm feeling really over it with the MP line.

Yeah we are getting great cartoon accurate MP figures, but for the same amount of money I can get far more CHUG figures in my lineup than I can MPs.

I'm thinking when Takara get around to revealing the next non-repaint MP figures I'm going to have a choice to make as to if I continue with the line or not. Much as I'd love to have for instance a MP Trailbreaker he would probably come in at $100+ and I don't know that I I'd put my love for the character at any more than about $50.

While not quite there yet, I understand where you're coming from.

I played around with Megatron and Sunstreaker the other week, after getting them from HLJ. The newer figures are really hitting the puzzle aspect, so much that I find it interfering with the enjoyability of the figures, which then makes the large sum of money paid for the additional engineering much less satisfying.

Galvatran Guest

That bottom right pic made me chuckle.