Page 130 of 154 FirstFirst ... 110120125126127128129130131132133134135140150 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1535

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Fantastic beasts 2: not as good as the first. The focus is more on moving the story forward rather than character development. Therefore not as engaging with the characters from the previous movie. Lots of whiz bang cgi. Would have liked a more personal story with the characters to have a more personal experience but they feel a bit skipped over. Finding out who the guy was baffled me, as i didnt remember that character from the books and dont understand the family tree and where he sits. Almost feels like a filler movie. 5/10.

I quite enjoyed Beasts 2. There was enough character development. Sure their coulda been more, but hey, still enjoyable. A few easter eggs too. I don't understand why it's copping the flack it is, but everyone is a critic. I listen to myself, not others when it comes to movies.

Fantastic Beasts 2

I didn't see the first one or indeed the first fifteen minutes of this as I was buying a choc top.

I found this film thoroughly uninteresting but did enjoy the wide variety of waistcoats on display throughout.

Why does Johnny Depp look like a sex pest in all of his films?
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Also saw Fantastic Beasts 2. Not as good as the first one, it seemed to drag at times but I hope that's just necessary character development for the third movie to be a mind blowing spectacle.

I really disliked this film. From memory, in the first one the "fantastic beasts" seemed to actually be important: we'd learn more about them in a kind of "Pokedex report" kind of way and it was a bit silly and full of hide from the muggles type antics.

In this one there were some "fantastic beasts" that seemed very secondary to the plot, just there, and the plot was so much about mystery and conspiracy and setting up the remaining three films (not just a third shockNwave- another three!) that there didn't seem to be much time for the characters to do anything interesting.

The muggle friend barely got to do anything you could wipe him out altogether and yet he was interesting comic foil in the first. Ezra Millar's character that everyone cared about barely got to do anything, and all that fuss about the snake woman and I don't even think she was called by name.

Plus it was grey and dark most of the time so visually pretty uniteresting too. I'm sure the chase at the start would have been a lot more fun if we could see what was happening! At least the visit to Hogwarts was kind of interesting but that was relying on affection for those other 8 films.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    , and all that fuss about the snake woman and I don't even think she was called by name.

She was just once, because I recall asking a friend who is much more invested in Potter than I am whether it was previously established that Nagini was once a human woman.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Yeah the lead circus guy who runs the freak show said it. I dont see anything wrong with the snake being an asian woman. The actress thought it was great to have an asian in the movies and i agree.

Ironic that there is a freak show in the magical world when in the muggle world they would all be considered freaks.

I got to see Sorry To Bother You at the Nova in Carlton last night. Very very limited release here, the Nova is the only place I know of in Melbourne that’s showing it, nearly 6 months after it was out in the US.

It’s a surrealist satirical comedy and it’s just so great. A huge amount to unpack, so many little details (some that come and go in a split second - this will absolutely stand up to repeat viewings) that imbue it with so much meaning. No scene, no character, no line of dialogue is wasted. It’s starts off pretty normal and then gets weird. And then gets *really* weird. And at the end it gets *REALLY* weird.

HIGHLY recommended. Unless you have a more conservative bent, in which case you may not like it at all.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Watched Creed 2 the other day, enjoyable movie, nice play on both sides of the ring, felt like it was directed more in the theme of the original Rocky sequels though. If I had to compare it to the first Creed, I would say the first is a way more superior movie (Coogler’s talents excelled in that one) but it’s still definitely worth the watch if you’re a fan of the Rocky anthology. End fight is well done and the score in the last round will send shivers down the spine of any fan
    My wife asked me why I carry a gun?, I said "Decepticons"... She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster. It was a good day.

Watched Mortal Engines yesterday and what a wonderful work of steampunk sci-fi. If you're a fan of the T-800 terminator then you'll love the character known as the resurrected man.
    May have to watch this movie a second time.