Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: US GEN Slingshot & Wildrider confirmed - with new names

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Slingshot will replace Alpha Bravo on the team for me. However, AB will stay as an assistant member and is the same character as Rescue Bots Blades, in my own headcanon. That said, I would love Generations versions of the Rescue Bot characters.
    In the Gokiverse, Alpha Bravo and Offroad will become the "Nautilator" of their respective teams. #aquaman #greenarrow #sparetyre

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Would a helicopter with Cybertronian capabilities be able to travel quite a bit faster than a regular Earthen helicopter?
    Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Ala Vortex in the FOC game. Heli for hovering, hidden thrusters for speeding along.
    I would think it was a bit of a 'not in disguise' giveaway to see a helicopter keeping formation with jets :-) regardless of the method of propulsion.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Optimus never seemed to have trouble getting there to order them into forming Superion. So I don't think AB would have a problem
    yea, but if everyone is just as fast as each other it gets boring, I prefer to think that characters pick earth modes that suit their capabilities, or at least reflect them.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I would think it was a bit of a 'not in disguise' giveaway to see a helicopter keeping formation with jets :-) regardless of the method of propulsion.
    AB's rotors are made of special Cybertronian metals that creates reverberations that allows him to somehow move as fast as a jet.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    AB's rotors are made of special Cybertronian metals that creates reverberations that allows him to somehow move as fast as a jet.
    HaHa, the day there is a metal/solid material that doesn't fatigue harden and fracture/fail with vibration, is the day physics stops

Unfortunately my brain wont accept assumptions like that, for sub-sonic ballistic trajectories like a golf ball, minor turbulence produced by the dimples actually reduces the drag on the ball by allowing the boundary layer to travel further around the ball before producing a low pressure turbulent flow behind the ball.

for pretty much any other type of flight turbulence is a bad thing reducing efficiency by either reducing lift and/or creating drag. Any vibration will lead to turbulence, which is earth science.

but again, I'm a dork about this stuff, please excuse my reality check and go back to enjoying the fantastic wonder that is transformers.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I completely made it up, it's not true at all. It's just fictional science/physics

I'm happy with AB (don't have Offroad - yet), but intend to grab these two. I'm a sucker for "new" G1 characters. Crosscut etc were welcome for me, as will AB etc. And as griffin said, they're good toys in their own right anyway.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Default Quickslinger and Brake-Neck Preorders Online

Quickslinger (Slingshot) and Brake-Neck (Wild Rider) preorders are up at some online stores if anyone is interested

Combiner Wars Quickslinger and Brake-Neck Preorders Online
    Source:tfw2005

$26 each plus shipping isn't too great. I hope they reach retail.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

With shipping it came to $84 AUD. At that point I cancelled the order.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I pre-ordered... I am pretty sure that these wont make it to retail...