Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nuremberg Toy Fair 2016 Transformers report

Default Nuremberg Toy Fair 2016 Transformers report

https://youtu.be/v9GQZTzpUuc

The lastest info from people how attended.

From the details posted on TFW...

Titans Return:
    • Titan class Fortress Maximus – said to be very massive and very G1-accurate, city mode is very much like in the previous leaked photo, did not appear to feature the IDW-inspired tread backpack
    • Most of the already-known TR toys in package, including the Deluxes and Chromedome’s head
    • Leader class Powermaster Optimus Prime – said to look very nice in person
    • Titan Masters Apeface – new reveal, was only a head with a small ape-like vehicle
    • Legends class Wheelie – new reveal, is said to be very G1-ish with a windshield that opens to have a seat for Titan Masters, was only shown in robot mode
    • Leader class Blaster
    • Leader class Soundwave

Platinum Edition:
    • Rodimus Prime vs. Galvatron set – uses the Titanium Rodimus Prime and Universe Galvatron molds
    • Another set with two Sweeps (one apparently using the Botcon Devcon head) and the Universe Cyclonus mold

Miscellaneous:
    • Victorion was shown
    • Nothing else for Combiner Wars, unfortunately – no Computron or Predaking
    • No Masterpiece news either

I find it odd that Hasbro are wanting FunPub to use current moulds to make it easier to produce limited edition exclusives, and then they go out and dig up a range of old moulds with these Platinum Edition sets for their own limited edition exclusives.... some of which are 7-10 years old. (and much older if you count last year's Gen1 reissues)

I think the mention of the BotCon Devcon head on one of the Scourge toys might be just a guess by the person reporting on the Hasbro display, as I don't think Hasbro would do that to their Collector Club licensee. They can probably claim ownership of anything FunPub have created (heads, accessories, pretender shell), but it wouldn't be very sporting to use them, considering the rare release of them as FunPub exclusives were a selling point.
    (if it is the Devcon head and FunPub have authorised Hasbro to use it or sold it to them, then that wouldn't be very nice of FunPub, after boasting in press releases and BotCon brochures to their customers that their exclusive parts would never be used ever again)

Ace is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I think the things that excite me most from this are Fort Max and Blaster.

Any mention of Galvatron?

I can't really comment of the funpub exclusives as I don't know much about them. But I guess at the end of the day, they (both companies) will operate as businesses to make profits?

A titanium toy getting rereleased!? That's a surprise. I thought there's be a Rodimus/Galvatron set but wouldn't have guessed that.

The Apeface mention got my hopes up, but disappointed to read he's just a head (like Nightbeat and the other second year guys).

Legends Wheelie is a great plus, I'm ever closer to completing my '86/movie Autobot main cast. I may get the Junkion set and maybe sell the Hot Rod, if it's on sale or not too expensive. The Sweeps/Cyclonus set sounds appetizing, I can always use the second Cyclonus (I have the RTS figure) as his Armada, and have the two sweeps alongside Titans Return Scourge with Titans Return Galvatron.

Since we're getting Blurr, I only need a Kup and from the rumors on that podcast we should be getting a very 86 movie-accurate figure. Fingers crossed.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Goddammit, still no Legends-class Kickback?
    Seriously, you can give him an opening Diaclone/G1-esque 'Titan Master' chest-cockpit and everything, I don't care, but please...finish off the Insecticon trio @Hasbro.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    A titanium toy getting rereleased!? That's a surprise. I thought there's be a Rodimus/Galvatron set but wouldn't have guessed that.

The Apeface mention got my hopes up, but disappointed to read he's just a head (like Nightbeat and the other second year guys).
    I would have bought the set if it had been Titanium G1 Magnus as always wanted him - as it is I have these two already.

Same feeling of disappointment about Apeface

Really looking forward to Fort Max, PM Prime and Blaster though - think they are going to be great!

the Titanium rodimus is a surprise.
    I suppose it's the only official toy of rodimus as a van other than the original toy.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Maybe I'm being a bit of a G1 snob/fanboy but I was kinda hoping that Platinum series would be g1 only reissues I know there are a few now but I just can't imagine the demand for these being as high as say a set of G1 reissues for Rodimus and Galvatron in a set.