Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The TF Wiki

Noticed on the Blitzwing page:

1) "Blitzwing's earliest Diaclone sculpt had him with a somewhat odd faceless head." - First of all, that variant head isn't truly faceless. COBRA's Vipers, BATs and Cobra Commander's faceplates are faceless... this isn't a humanlike face (i.e.: it's devoid of a mouth, nose and paired eyes) but it's still a face - as much as Roadbuster's face is a face (it's much more of a face than what Shockwave and Whirl have!). Secondly, I'd like to see evidence that early Diaclone Triple Changer Jet Type toys actually had that early concept face or if it was only seen in conceptual art. There's no reference to verify this claim on the page and it's also not supported by the Triple Changer Jet Type page on Diaclone.net (here) nor any mention of it on the Pre-Transformers section of the Complete Variants Page (here).

2) Where it says "Blitzwing's Tech-Spec Bio has a typographical error" I think the word "anomaly" would be better suited. The evidence there doesn't seem to support that the bio & tech specs were necessarily in error... it probably was, but the fact is that the bio & tech specs has effectively made it official (much like the whole Sideswipe-Sunstreaker switcheroonie thing).

3) It says, "The opening sequence of Season 3 features a large row of identical tanks that look suspiciously just like Bliztwing's tank mode, before zooming in on the barrel of one particular tank."
    ...yeah... go Bliztwing! Okay, this is probably a typo and I think I can edit this without anyone going against me and changing it back - but I would like points 1 and 2 examined please.

Why don't you sign up for a proper account and discuss this at the wiki? Posting it here seems like you're asking FFN to do your dirty work for you.

I put up a {{fact}} (citation needed}} on the first point. Second point I left alone, since it's quite possibly a typographical error if the other similarly written bios of the time give him "commando" as his function. On the third point, I don't know what your issue is

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Noticed that the following page was missing two toys.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Optimus_Prime_%28Movie%29_toys

1. TransScanning OP toy.

2. The repaint of the "Spychanger" toy - a Japanese movie DVD pre-order/purchase bonus. This toy was not packaged with the DVD but was individually bagged in a small clear plastic bag with its instructions sheet. It was meant as a pre-order exclusive of the DVD, but many retail stores had enough stock of the toy on the first day to hand out to buyers who didn't pre-order their DVD.
    I write quite a lot of the toy stuff on the wiki. I keep forgetting about the Trans-Scanning thing because it's so obscure and hardly anybody owns it. Same goes for the DVD Spy Changer.

Mostly I add stuff when there are stock photos I can use, and unfortuantely, Takara almost never releases stock photos in the quantity and resolution that Hasbro does. They're almost always small, blurry, with possibly some giant watermark over the top of them.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc
    Why don't you sign up for a proper account and discuss this at the wiki?
    ...I'm not sure if I want to get into that level of dedication with the TF wiki considering my opinions about it on the whole.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc
    Posting it here seems like you're asking FFN to do your dirty work for you.
    If FFN doesn't like being a "go-between" then I'll happily stop referring issues to him and just continue to keep my yap shut about the many questionable points I find on TFwiki. It's up to you FFN, if you don't feel comfortable about it then I'll stop referring things here.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN
    Second point I left alone, since it's quite possibly a typographical error if the other similarly written bios of the time give him "commando" as his function.
    That's the point, it's possibly a typographical error. I think it probably is - but until you know for sure I think it's best to word it more factually, even if you were to say "probable typographical error." I'm quite sure it is an error but yeah... until you have conclusive proof I would avoid making such conclusively sweeping statements like that.

I write quite a lot of the toy stuff on the wiki. I keep forgetting about the Trans-Scanning thing because it's so obscure and hardly anybody owns it. Same goes for the DVD Spy Changer.
    Dude, the TFwiki has a lot of stuff that's equally if not more obscure than these toys.

Mostly I add stuff when there are stock photos I can use, and unfortuantely, Takara almost never releases stock photos in the quantity and resolution that Hasbro does. They're almost always small, blurry, with possibly some giant watermark over the top of them.
    Trans-Scanning Protoform Optimus Prime pics and here
    Trans-Scanning Earth Mode Optimus Prime Pics
    DVD Spychanger Optimus Prime pics

I'm sure you can use those images so long as you credit the original sources and provide a hyper-link to those pages or you could message/email those admins directly and ask for permission.

Added probable to Blitzwing's article trivia. Hmm. Never noticed we didn't link tech spec and bio to their respective articles there.

I only know of snakas being conversant in english, and I'm somewhat intimidated by him since (from what I heard) he's a fairly well-known Japanese fan

I should really update Prime's toy page, in particular adding our latest gimmick: Tech spec graphs onto the bottom of the toy pics if that toy has a tech spec and the numbers are available. Oy, I am going to curse Revenge of the Fallen's toyline.

SO MANY TOYS TO ADD.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Just a quick question, what is the TF wiki's stance on things like City Commander, Coronation set, etc. I can't find them on the wiki, is this because they are not official, or just because no-one has gotten around to adding them... Just wondering

North Melbourne-bot...?

Does anybody know what DVD Spychanger Prime is officially called?

Quote Originally Posted by jacksplatt11 View Post
    Just a quick question, what is the TF wiki's stance on things like City Commander, Coronation set, etc. I can't find them on the wiki, is this because they are not official, or just because no-one has gotten around to adding them... Just wondering
    The TF Wiki does not deal with unofficial products. We don't even acknowledge leaked or unofficial news/ information. Stuff basically has to come from Hasbro/Takara, their affiliates, partners and licensees.

As a consequence we're one of the worst sources of information on Revenge of the Fallen

There are exceptions, of course, and we do still put up information that was released by an official source, but then retracted by the order of higher sources, such as IDW confirming certain things about Revenge of the Fallen and Michael Bay/Paramount ordering the removal of that info).

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    That's all I have ever seen it called as. But you'd need to see if anyone saw it on an official TakaraTomy website or publication, and see if it was given a specific name, or just that 'generic' name.

Maybe ask Kyle, as I think it was one of his HK friends who got me mine, so would need to know what it was called.

I only know of snakas being conversant in english, and I'm somewhat intimidated by him since (from what I heard) he's a fairly well-known Japanese fan
    The web site is called Autobase Aichi and the admin's name is Nakashima. I never knew he could communicate in English though.

"Optimus Prime" (オプティマスプライム). All the movie Transformers keep their Anglophone names in the Japanese dub of the movie and all related toys and merchandise (so Jazz is called Jazz not Meister and Bumblebee isn't called Bumble).

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Why don't you sign up for a proper account and discuss this at the wiki? Posting it here seems like you're asking FFN to do your dirty work for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ...I'm not sure if I want to get into that level of dedication with the TF wiki considering my opinions about it on the whole.

If FFN doesn't like being a "go-between" then I'll happily stop referring issues to him and just continue to keep my yap shut about the many questionable points I find on TFwiki. It's up to you FFN, if you don't feel comfortable about it then I'll stop referring things here.
    Moderation Note:
    I tend to agree with Jaydisc here. The TF Wiki has a discussion page for every article. You don't even need to sign in to post a query about content in their discussion pages.

This board should not be used to criticise particular points of content on another website, especially when that website already allows any body to question or discuss the content.

The other option you have is to PM FFN if you like with these comments, but posting them on the TF Wiki's discussion pages would be the better option.