Page 35 of 110 FirstFirst ... 152530313233343536373839404555 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Movies Thread

I am very dissapointed as to how the live ation Akira is turning into.

A: they are changing the names
    B: they are choosing the wrong people to play these roles (I mean Zac Effron has been offered to play Shotaro Kaneda(reportedly changed to Kaneda Shim) I mean, come on, don't screw this up)
    And as much as I love Morgan Freeman, I don't see him playing The Colonel.

If this is turns out as bad as I think it will, I am not going to be happy.

You trolling right!? Please say there is no live action akira!

Nah I ain't trolling. I heard about this a while back, only now have I found out about Zac Effron (whom I hate with a passion) and now Morgan Freeman.

Seems like another manga story that Hollywood will take and royally screw up.

Az, does it have anything to do with Leo DiCaprio's production company?

Ive heard he/they have acquired rights to such animes as Ninja Scroll, and it was their goal to stay true to source material etc

Last I heard of 'em, they seemed to be doing great things... or at least want to.

Also, my horror weekend went in a different direction, as it was a friday night, got to blockbuster late, and couldnt find a few titles.

So what I got, Childs Play, Stir of Echoes (kevin Beacon is great), Let The The Right One (fkn creepy, creepy stuff, so good) and A Nightmare On Elm Street 4, stay away from that movie, WTF?!

Going for more this weekend

I know it's not the greatest source of accurate info, but wiki states that Andrew Lazar, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Jennifer Davisson were to produce the film. And if any of the other info is to go by, it is supposed to be coming out next year. Somehow I don't think that will happen.

Still, I am not holding my breath for a good movie.

Ah cool, ok then.

One of the worrying things for me is, will they feel the need to 'update' it??

Simple.

It's Hollywood. They always want to remake things rather than come up with new ideas. There have been few "new" movies coming out, the major ones are usually remakes. Seems that remakes make them more money then trying to invest in new ideas for movies.

It doesn't help that American Audiences require their hand to be held all the way throughout most movies!
    Any movie that requires an ounce of individual thought or imagination, is immediately deemed a flop whilst the rest of the world asks why?

Prequels, Sequels and Remakes are the flavour of the decade because originality in Hollywood comes with a price tag - that is financially and directorialy rewarding.
    The only films that have come out that are 'new' ideas are ones with insane budgets and/or top name directors attached, very few movies have gone against this unless they're made outside the U.S., in which case they require thought thus dubbed flops i.e. District 9.

Akira, is an Anime classic and one of my all time favourites and does not deserve to be bastardised like The Ring, The Grudge, Bio Boosted Armour: Guyver and Dragonball Z were!!!

P.S. Ninja Scroll is F@#$ing Awesome!