Page 75 of 97 FirstFirst ... 556570717273747576777879808595 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Toy acquisitions (if no other topic exists).

I've got a Revoltech Tyrannosaurus Rex from The Lost World: Jurassic Park en route via MS atm.

NECA 7" Robocop, jetpack version. It was an impulse buy. The sculpt is nice. However I am disappointed with the articulation after getting used to SH Figuarts and SW Black Series 6".

This thing is awesome and soooo heavy!! It is mint as they come but box is a little dinged as can be seen.

1/1 scale Tiki from Dragon's Crown. To date, the only statue I've ever bought. Quite possibly the only one I'll ever buy. I like my articulation but this was too good to pass up.

Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by kovert View Post
    NECA 7" Robocop, jetpack version. It was an impulse buy. The sculpt is nice. However I am disappointed with the articulation after getting used to SH Figuarts and SW Black Series 6".
    That comes with the big gun from the first movie, right? Really wish I didn't have to buy another version (this time from #3) to get an accessory from the first film!

How's the figure, anyway - besides articulation?

It is the first NECA figure I've purchased. The sculpt and paint apps are excellent. I like the blue colour with hints of purple. The paint on the figure is slightly greasy/oily. Robo has the gun holster feature which is neat and works fairly well. The holster is somewhat fragile.

The 'Cobra Assault Cannon' from the first film is a nice flat black colour, as is the 'gun arm' from Robocop 3. The gun arm needs the hot water trick before it will fit. The jet pack is nicely detailed and mostly looks the part. The jet pack's arm attachments could do with another ball-joint. Again another articulation issue.

Overall the figure is nice on display but not as easy to pose as I thought it would be. I also thought the figure would be way less than 7" because Robocop seems fairly short in the movies

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipes brother View Post
    This thing is awesome and soooo heavy!! It is mint as they come but box is a little dinged as can be seen.

Its like a m.a.s.k. car for your rocklords. I don't remember that toy at all from my childhood, where did you pick it up?
    Spiderken Away!

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    Its like a m.a.s.k. car for your rocklords. I don't remember that toy at all from my childhood, where did you pick it up?
    I don't know why, but i am a RockLord fan.
    I just love the way we are expected to play with rocks just cause they transform. Its like in the movie Big when Tom Hanks looks at a building transformer and says 'I dont get it?'
    I don't get it either, but i love em!!
    This thing was found on Ebay for a BIN which was awesomely cheap. So i grabbed that sucker before another sick soul like mine did
    It really is awesome!!

I have a dozen or so rocklords filling out my Star Wars display cabinet. They are in mint condition as i never played with them much as a kid cause, like you said, they turn into rocks. Not the most exciting thing.
    Spiderken Away!