Page 1 of 35 1234561121 ... LastLast

Thread: Revoltech! [Picture Heavy]

Wink Revoltech! [Picture Heavy]

Finally got the Revoltech Assemble Borg Line. They're exclusive to small specialty shops in japan so they can be annoying to import.

I've only had a little play around with them getting all the bits and pieces out and now needing to sort them before i lose them.

1. This is what they look like minty and sealed

2. Barrels Speeder Bike

3. The Heroes

4. The Evil Jarknoid

5. Doom Diver which is like a golem type creature.

6. Mr Assemble thinks the hotties all want his big sexy sword...

7. He starts speeding off

8. And flies through the air

9. Obligatory sidekick

10. ASSEMBLE!

11. The heroes default weapon set.

12. Jarknoid XO!

13. Default weapon set

14. FUSION!

15. Satisfyingly evil.

(More pictures will come when i have time to play)

So that's the deal with Assemble Borg. I see them advertised in catalogues but never seen them online anywhere. They look a lot like Microman, though bigger and more interchangeable.

Though admitedly I'm even more keen to see the guys in the background, as I said on the other thread, I generaly only have good things to say about Revoltech figures, and I like that they have several liscenses now quite a few of which have previously been confined to modelkits and exspensive high end figures. Much like Hasbro has been doing with their 3, 1/4 actions figures (but better) It's nice to see a company doing reasonably priced posable figures to a decent standard across multiple universes.

Which means crazy crossover action poses!

I only have experience with the TF Revoltech's, and can't say i was all that impressed. I do like the paint quality and generally speaking, they capture the characters quite well

But, i'm not fond of the similar body parts between characters (thighs, forearms are virtually interchangeable). Mostly i don't think they're all that poseable; i don't like how the revolver joints have defined notches - that always seem half-a-click out of where i want them to be! Finally i don't like how the joints are so prominent, Starscream didn't have giant balloons above his thighs in G1!

I'm sure the TF's aren't the greatest in the line, but i'm not sure what else to sample... character wise a lot of them are lost on me, and quality wise i'm not sure which are the most poseable/fun.

I'm open to recommendations, but i've had way more fun with my Super HCM figures - and i'm keen to try The Robot Spirits line too.

I woke up this morning to find this! via CollectionDX

Gamera, Gyaos, Giant Robo, Starship Troopers Powered Suit, and Baragon

Daimajin

Booska

ALIEN!

I will probably only get the Starship Trooper Powered suit and Alien. Hopefully they do a Predator too!
    Last edited by kaiden; 27th October 2009 at 08:35 AM.

Ok, that Alien is the hotness - it'll look awesome with the Revoltech glossy paint, and the joints will probably work great for crawling poses too!

Now I need that alien! Bring on the predators!

Yeah, prototypes of that Alien have been seen for months now. It's finally comming!

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    I only have experience with the TF Revoltech's, and can't say i was all that impressed. I do like the paint quality and generally speaking, they capture the characters quite well

But, i'm not fond of the similar body parts between characters (thighs, forearms are virtually interchangeable). Mostly i don't think they're all that poseable; i don't like how the revolver joints have defined notches - that always seem half-a-click out of where i want them to be! Finally i don't like how the joints are so prominent, Starscream didn't have giant balloons above his thighs in G1!

I'm sure the TF's aren't the greatest in the line, but i'm not sure what else to sample... character wise a lot of them are lost on me, and quality wise i'm not sure which are the most poseable/fun.

I'm open to recommendations, but i've had way more fun with my Super HCM figures - and i'm keen to try The Robot Spirits line too.
    I guess it depends what you are looking for in a figure. They are a slightly different entity to most action figures that are sculpted in a neutral state, and as such many Revoltechs can't quite stand straight they always look a bit like there posed, and they aren't quite as fun for fiddling as some action figures. What they are fun for is coming up with ideas for crazy exaggerated dynamic poses and reposing them. For me they combine a bit of the detail and dynamism you get in busts and statues, with the poseability and affordability of an action figure. It's not quite a perfect blend but I like it.

I don't have any of the Transformers Revoltechs myself so I can't comment there. The Transformers ones don't really appeal to me that much seeing as how regular Transformers are already action figures. The same way HCM Pro is mostly confined to Gundams. The Revoltechs I like best are from the other oldschool Anime series that the only collectable options available are usually not so great quality model kits or extremely exspensive collectors toys. As a casual fan of series like Patlabor, and the various Go Nagia super robots, I just want a nice looking poseable toy that's not to expensive.

I'm not sure I would recommend any one series over another, seeing as how It generaly only grab stuff from series I like, although there have been some exceptions and I have been tempted by some from series I've never seen before, or even just plain dislike.

I think the regular HCM Pro line is pretty much dead, they're only doing new Super HCM's - but you're right, mostly Gundam's. The Robot Spirits line is a semi-successor i think, and is branching out to more franchises - Macross Frontier and Full Metal Panic recently - but i doubt there'll be an Alien one anytime soon!

Yeah I've seen some of the Macross Frontier ones, they are nice but a little pricey for me. I only got the Revoltech Valkyries cause they were cheap at the time (except the Glaug, that was must buy regardless).

These days Valkyries are also something that there are quite a few options for when it comes to collecting.

There is a Revoltech full metal Panic toy, I have no idea what it is, but it sure has cool energy hair!

I think you're talking about Laevatein? It's getting a rerelease later this year, one of the better Revoltech's from what i've read/seen!

Some more pics of upcoming Revoltech -
    Moeyo
    Hobbystock 1
    Hobbystock 2
    Akibahobby

Very excited for the Alien still, the transforming VF-1's look like they'll be decent enough for what they are, and Batman looks awesome! Lots of potential in movies for these things!